News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Public Courses in Philadelphia/South Jersey Area
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Just a question for the board.  I have some relatives coming from Florida in late August to visit me here in South Jersey.  I am taking them to visit my home course, but does anyone have any other suggestions of public tracks around Philly/South Jersey for them that would be fun and unique?  I was thinking maybe Twisted Dune or Glenn Mills.  Any other options?

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Public Courses in Philadelphia/South Jersey Area
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »
Twisted Dune and Glen Mills are good choices. Riverwinds,if only for the views of the ships on the river,the planes landing at the airport and the views of the Philly skyline, is another. The facilities there are lacking and the course,although under new management, has had maintenance and condition problems over the years. Scotland Run is another good choice.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

J Sadowsky

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
Pine Hill has been discussed here as well.  It has, I believe, limited public access.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
Although I have not played it in a number of years, Scotland Run is an interesting course in the Philly/South Jersey area.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Michael Blake

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 08:58:42 PM »
suggestions of public tracks around Philly/South Jersey for them that would be fun and unique?  I was thinking maybe Twisted Dune or Glenn Mills. 

Rick,

Twisted Dune is nothing less than 'fun and unique.'  Take them there!

Jason Walker

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
Riverwinds is a unique place and I've heard the conditioning has improved dramatically.  By the far the best, and most challenging, public in S. Jersey is Pine Hill.  If your family/friends are not 12 index or below they most likely will not enjoy it.  If that's the case I'd look at Scotland Run.  Twisted Dune is unique as well but it's quite a haul from Metro Philly/S. Jersey, and Glen Mills is a bit out of the way coming from the S. Jersey area.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
Brigantine Golf Links, you can jump in the ocean for a quick dip after the round and catch dinner in AC on the way home.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »
Macullough's Emerald Links. Twisted Dune.

Makes for a great 36 hole day as they are down the street from each other.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back