News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Schaan

Small Clubhouses
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
Does anyone recall any of the older lesser known links course in the British Isles wiht small clubhouses similar to the stand alone one at Bandon Trails?

Philippe Binette

Re: Small Clubhouses
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
I don't know if people call it small but the clubhouse at Panmure is about as beautiful as it could be

I think Elie clubhouse is pretty small

Steve Salmen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
With all due respect, I was at Elie last month.  I do not think the clubhouse is small.  I think it is quite large.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 05:24:59 AM »
Well the clubhouse at Carrbridge is pretty small

James Boon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 06:07:51 AM »
The clubhouse at Royal West Norfolk, aka Brancaster, is not the smallest, but its certainly not the grand affair one would expect from a course with so many Royal members through its history. I've attached the photo I took of the clubhouse from the first tee.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tom MacWood

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
The smallest clubhouse I have seen is at The Dunes in Michigan, another Keiser course.

tlavin

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
The smallest clubhouse I have seen is at The Dunes in Michigan, another Keiser course.

It is very small, probably no more than 1200 square feet, with two restrooms with showers, two one-person benches for changing shoes and a pro shop that is the size of a medium sized closet.  The entire clubhouse could probably fit in the Men's Locker Room at Olympia Fields.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »
Kilspendie.  Knotty pine paneling, worn carpet and a big fireplace - all five paces from the 18th green.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back