News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

The Yo-Dell Hole (15th Hole at Ballyneal)
« on: July 19, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »
We all owe Ben 'Dell' Sims an apology.  As the picture clearly shows, the Par 3 15th at Ballyneal is completely blind, it all just depends where you hit it from (without tee markers, technically you could tee off from here).  Instead of the white rock, just hit over the ball over Yoda's white hair, as demonstrated by Wyatt Halliday.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:08:56 AM by Jim Colton »

Charlie Goerges

Re: The Yo-Dell Hole
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
We all owe Bens 'Dell' Sims an apology.  As the picture clearly shows, the Par 3 15th at Ballyneal is completely blind, it all just depends where you hit it from.  Instead of the white rock, just hit over the ball over Yoda's white hair, as demonstrated by Wyatt Halliday.

I don't think we own him an apology! Admit it...you were laying on your stomach to take that shot.
 ;)

Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

ed_getka

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »
I was not aware of the laying up to provide a blind approach strategy on this hole. :) Matt was holding out on us. I really like this hole. We played from 3 different tees over two days and it was remarkable how much the shot requirements differed. I love the no tee marker approach to teeing off.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Ben Sims

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
At least one part of my weekend went well.  My Ballynizzle Cup flyover went sour, due to some overzealous hydraulic lines and a late afternoon convective system over Northern Colorado.  

But victory is mine, I shall tell Murphy the headcover all about it.

Who won the cup Jim?

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
LMFAO.... That's great , Guess  you have to use the force to see the similarities lol

Jim Colton

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:11:19 AM »
At least one part of my weekend went well.  My Ballynizzle Cup flyover went sour, due to some overzealous hydraulic lines and a late afternoon convective system over Northern Colorado.  

But victory is mine, I shall tell Murphy the headcover all about it.

Who won the cup Jim?

Play was stopped at 1336 on Saturday and everybody looked up to the sky for 10 minutes waiting for a moment that never came.  If I had that 10 minutes of my life back, I would've been able to fit in 54 holes on Saturday.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back