News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Hetzel

Since one of my friends bailed out at the last minute, we can now add another round into our itinerary. Bad news, Belvedere is too far away in order to make it our next 18 in the afternoon at True North. We'll have to drive no more than 3 hours to make it to the morning round.

If you had to pick, would you play:

Hidden River or, Little Traverse Bay ?????
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

RSLivingston_III

Re: Help me select an extra 18 for my Michigan trip in 2 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
Check a map. Belvedere and True North are not that far apart. 1.5 hrs driving the speed limit and with some traffic slowdowns. I think when I visited True North I made it down to Kingsley in 2.5 hrs.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
The problem is that we are spending the night in Frankenmuth (approx. 3 hours from Harbor Springs, farther to Belvedere) and leaving in the morning to play a round up near Harbor Springs before playing 18 at True North at 3:30 pm.

Well then, is Belvedere better than Hidden River or Little Traverse Bay???

Rich
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »
For a GCA student, Belvedere is a must see.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

JC Jones

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »
The problem is that we are spending the night in Frankenmuth (approx. 3 hours from Harbor Springs, farther to Belvedere) and leaving in the morning to play a round up near Harbor Springs before playing 18 at True North at 3:30 pm.

Well then, is Belvedere better than Hidden River or Little Traverse Bay???

Rich

Light years.  If I were you, and you absolutely could not play Belvedere in the morning (I think you can as it wont take you 1.5 hours to get from Belvedere to True North.  I am 10 minutes north of Belvedere and I can make it over to True North in less than an hour) I would not play either Hidden River or LTB.  You'd be better off playing one of the Boyne courses.  None of them are any good (or much better than LTB or HR) but they are closer and would give you the opportunity to have lunch in Harbor Springs down at the marina.  Well worth a trip.

But Belvedere is the only choice if you want to get some GCA out of your trip up to the Little Traverse Bay area.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
JC, glad you commented. Didn't realize there was anyone from that area on here.
I was tempted to say it was an hour drive but when I travel I tend to ummm...fracture the speed limits so tend to be a bit conservative in my travel estimates for others.
Are you a member at Belvedere?
       Our Fearless Leader

JC Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »

One can dream Ralph :)  I am but an occasional player and long distance (figuratively) admirer.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
I was tempted to say it was an hour drive but when I travel I tend to ummm...fracture the speed limits so tend to be a bit conservative in my travel estimates for others.

Ralph,

I blew the doors off your "Kompressor" after the Kingsley soiree.....are you sure your speedometer is correct?

;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

Ralph,

I blew the doors off your "Kompressor" after the Kingsley soiree.....are you sure your speedometer is correct?

Not to make excuses but that was my first independent long drive since getting off the chemo and was being cautious in my driving AND that was my wifes c230 not my car...

;D
       Our Fearless Leader

JC Jones

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
Ralph,

Does DeVries know you refer to him as your "wife"? ;)

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
Good one.
Just to clarify, her c230 is a coupe, not the sedan.
       Our Fearless Leader

JC Jones

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
Good one.
Just to clarify, her c230 is a coupe, not the sedan.

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back