News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Thompson

Refresher course in posting pictures please
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »
Once posted in photbucket for example how do I get the picture onto a thread???? Such technology ???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:24:14 PM by Randy Thompson »

Kalen Braley

Re: Refresher course in posting pioctures please
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:24:51 PM »
When you post a message, use the "Insert Image" Icon in your list of options and paste your link in between the "img"s that are in brackets.

Michael Dugger

Re: Refresher course in posting pioctures please
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »
If you wanna link images from a site like photobucket you need to do the following:

First and foremost, any image on the world wide web has an address affiliated with it.  

this address is going to start with http:// and usually end with .jpg

That is, of course, if the image is a jpg, and there are many other TYPES of image files.  

But .jpg are the most popular.

So, take an image from this very website as an example.  If I right click on the image from the homepage and select properties, we will see that the address of this image is

http://golfclubatlas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/prestwick13.jpg

Now, in order to make the image viewable within a thread, you have to put TAGS around it.  These tags consist of the [  ] characters.  So, surround the letters img with the square brackets before the address of your image, and then surround the letters /img with the square brackets BEHIND the address of your image

In other words, you must enter this line of text in the thread

{img}http://golfclubatlas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/prestwick13.jpg{/img} except use the square brackets not the ones I just used.

Do it correctly and you'll get this:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:32:06 PM by Michael Dugger »
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Kalen Braley

Re: Refresher course in posting pictures please
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
Randy,

If you were just posting a pic, this is exactly what you would type in.  I've attached a screenshot.

Randy Thompson

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
Thanks a million to both,,it took three tries but I got it!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »
Photobucket is searching for and finding people using their website to post 3rd party pictures. I.e., us. They want $400 a year to allow our pictures to show up here.

I would like instruction on how to use flickr to display pictures here. I put and album at flickr.

Presumably it is at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148318336@N03/sets/72157683476309931/with/35550403912/
or something like that. When I try to access from a GCA thread, it fails.

What do I need to do to make these pictures show up in a thread?

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 10:21:38 PM »
Garland:

I use Flickr, and my method is as follows:

Either from a third party Flickr app (I use Flickstackr) or the webpage, go to the photo you want to post and select "share" and choose BBC (bulletin board code) and the size you want to post (I use 800 pixel width).

This will copy the link to the photo, which you can then paste directly into the box here (no need for any of the extra code -- you do not have to use the "insert image" button above. Just paste the copied link directly.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Jon Cavalier
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 02:55:11 AM »
Garland,

Her's another way from Flickr (although I must say your photostream loaded extremely slowly).

Click on the picture you want.

Click on the download icon.

Click view all sizes.

Click the size you want.

Right click on the picture.

CTRL C the image address.

CTRL V to paste the address in the "Insert Image" drop down box on GCA.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 04:16:44 AM »
Anyone have any joy with the Flickr iPad app? The sharing options I get are useless.

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:41 AM »
The official Flickr iOS apps for both iPad and iPhone don't have this capability, as far as I know.
Golf Photos via

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »
Jim Kennedy was kind enough to send me these instructions.

Click on the photo you want to post - In the lower right hand corner of the page there are 4 icons - Click on the curved arrow that is next to the star - that takes you the 'share photo ' page where you select BBCode - copy the code, paste it, then remove the portions inside the green boxes. Your photo will appear - just remember to use the size that's closest to the 800 wide format. Hope this helps

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 02:24:11 PM »
If you change the "o" to "c" at the end of the file name (....673_o.jpg to ...673_c.jpg) you will get the 800 pixel width photo.

The letter at the end of the file name is the size designator, so this works no matter what the letter in the file name is initially.
Golf Photos via

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 10:15:35 PM »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:19:10 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
How do I get rid of the numbers and words?
I tried posting from Flickr
St. John of the Cross

Garland Bayley

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »

Tommy,

Edit out everything but the img ... /img section.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »
Reply 10 demonstrates what to cut out.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
How does one upload a pic taken on a "smartphone?"

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Joe Bausch

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 07:18:33 PM »
How does one upload a pic taken on a "smartphone?"

Same as any other source, like a regular computer, Steve-o!

You need a server to host said picture then use IMG tags to make it appear on this site.

:)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 07:59:48 PM »

Thanks for the Flickr guidance...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:09:36 PM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Steve Lang

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 09:55:47 PM »
 8)  Wouldn't it be easier to just have your own website domain hosted on the cheap and then to upload to and link to?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tim Martin

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »
I can paste the image code from Flickr which does not display the picture. In preview mode the code is underlined and will display the pic when you click it. It’s been a while as I used to use tinypic but they are long gone. What am I doing wrong? ::) Ive tried iOS with iPhone and iPad. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:42:18 PM by Tim Martin »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 09:12:32 PM »
I can paste the image code from Flickr which does not display the picture. In preview mode the code is underlined and will display the pic when you click it. It’s been a while as I used to use tinypic but they are long gone. What am I doing wrong? ::) Ive tried iOS with iPhone and iPad. Thanks.

Tim,

You want to select the BBCode option to get code to post to this BB.

John Emerson

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
I am curious why we can't just past the link directly into the body of the response?  Like an email.  This would be so much easier.  If it cost money we could pass the hat around and see if that would cover it?
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Garland Bayley

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 10:30:55 PM »
I am curious why we can't just past the link directly into the body of the response?  Like an email.  This would be so much easier.  If it cost money we could pass the hat around and see if that would cover it?
When you post the link in the body of the email, does the picture appear at that point in the email?
You can post the link in the body of a post, but the reader has to click on that link to see the picture. To get it to appear in the body of the post you need the BB (bulletin board) code to tell the BB to display the picture there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back