News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

Aetna Springs
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »
Just learned via a letter from DRS president - Jerry Stafford - that the recently restored Doak course at Aetna Springs has closed.  The permit to build the planned 18 hole course that the owners were hoping to add to the old resort was denied by the State of Calif under presuure from the Sierra Club.  Consequently, the owners have shut the facility down.

JC

Tim Gavrich

Re: Aetna Springs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
Didn't it only reopen in the last 18 months?  That's a shame; I was really excited to play there the next time I was in NorCal.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »
I am very sorry to read this news. Merrill Hiserman, who posts here from time to time, was involved with the project and was serving as the pro at the Aetna Springs course. He is a very good teacher and a real good guy.

An interesting local press article on the vote:

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2009/07/01/news/local/doc4a4af8aa3a4fb111446290.txt
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:28:56 PM by David_Tepper »

Craig Sweet

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 07:41:43 PM »
Two of the Commissioners were/are members of the local Sierra Club chapter....I wonder if they had been members of the local Camber of Commerce, and voted the way they did, if there would be all this controversy?
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
Two of the Commissioners were/are members of the local Sierra Club chapter....I wonder if they had been members of the local Camber of Commerce, and voted the way they did, if there would be all this controversy?

Did the local Chamber of Commerce "formally represent project proponents in the hearing before supervisors last month"?

Excerpt:

the Sierra Club, the organization that formally represented project opponents in the hearing before supervisors last month.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Craig Sweet

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
Like I said Kevin, what if they had been Chamber members and voted no?   No offense, but local politicians belong to all sort of organizations...heck, maybe they were Catholics as well?
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:46:07 AM »
Like I said Kevin, what if they had been Chamber members and voted no?   

Hard to have a discussion about different "what if" scenarios. 
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:03 AM »
I am very sorry to read this news. Merrill Hiserman, who posts here from time to time, was involved with the project and was serving as the pro at the Aetna Springs course. He is a very good teacher and a real good guy.

An interesting local press article on the vote:

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2009/07/01/news/local/doc4a4af8aa3a4fb111446290.txt

Dave - Merrill is a good guy even though he is a good friend of our own Gib!   :D

Norbert P

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
  A recent news article involving Aetna Springs . . .

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2009/12/05/news/local/doc4b19f693a8fa1904347235.txt

Hmmmm, $24 million divided by 1500 GCA.com agents equals . . . .     Sorry guys, I'm out.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Mike Benham

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 04:36:49 PM »

Hmmmm, $24 million divided by 1500 GCA.com agents equals . . . .     Sorry guys, I'm out.

It's not the $ 24 million, it's the approval to build or develop that holds the key to the value of the property ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back