News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

20/20 Vision
« on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »
Is anyone on this site having trouble reading the small print in the "Quote" responses?

Steve had a post where there was small bold type, followed by slightly larger green type and ending in something eminently readable. It looked a mess.

Ran, help.

Bob

Kevin_Reilly

Re: 20/20 Vision
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:14:34 PM »
I have no need for reading glasses, but even I skip over reading the quoted text.  Too small on my laptop, tolerable on my large screen at the office.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
By pressing CTRL and + or - you can toggle the size of the text on your screen at any time, so you can bump it up to read the quote, then return to normal, if you want.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »
Is anyone on this site having trouble reading the small print in the "Quote" responses?

Steve had a post where there was small bold type, followed by slightly larger green type and ending in something eminently readable. It looked a mess.

Ran, help.

Bob
Bob I have noticed a number of issues regarding typing of posts and the type since the upgrade took place.  Hopefully ran has also noticed this.
Hope all is well
Best

Dave

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »
By pressing CTRL and + or - you can toggle the size of the text on your screen at any time, so you can bump it up to read the quote, then return to normal, if you want.

Scott,

Thank you, I learn something new every day.

Bob

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
Bob,
Besides enlarging it I sometimes left-click and drag on a sentence. That puts a blue box around the text and turns the text inside the box white. It helps me see it better. 
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Joe Hancock

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
On a related note, the signature lines at the bottom are the same text size and font as posts. Some posters have quite long sig lines, and it makes it difficult to decipher which is which.

Maybe there's a setting in preferences that all posters could change sig lines to something different than the post text, or vice versa.....

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Phil McDade

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
Bob:

There is much to be desired with the re-design. Content, including many notable threads since the re-design, remains first-rate. As I said before in a long critique posted a few weeks ago, I wish the re-design lived up to the content here -- right now, it actually does the candid, vigorous and interesting debate here a dis-service. I hope Ran and Ben truly put some thought into how poorly the redesign has serviced the discussion board in particular.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back