News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Re: Ballyneal--GCA weekend--June 2009 w/pix
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 05:24:27 AM »
Just a few as it's late and I need some shut eye after everyone exposed the fact that I am out of shape and need to hit the stairmaster.

I have never seen one guy get so MUCH MAN LOVE but hey he bought sexy back and look how cute he looks when he actually turns his foot

I know I know another sign post but with out my ugly mug

yes i said it vibrant buy hey I'm a city guy in the country and I saw what stars look like so one of my VIBRANT pics (u thought u were getting the rainbow didn't you )

Ahh jim trying to calculate his 54 hole avg while praying the rain clouds go away in time for at least one more hole so he can get that elusive number  55

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
the view from the 4th tee is one of the "gasp" moments i've had in golf....absolutely tremendous

Agreed!

After several plays over this past weekend...I sort of got the feeling like holes #1-3 were the "warm-up act" (not that they are a pushover or anything)...but when you crest that hill up to the #4 box, it is definitely GAME ON!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

What's up with the food? Steak for the guys on the right and something else for all the guys on the left.

Great golf course.

Yeah...we were relegated to a chicken alfredo dish after the right side of the table gobbled up all the steaks!  :'(
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Doug Wright

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
By the way, I'd like to go on record and classify the weekend a huge success. I'm already targeting the same weekend next year for another GCA outing. Be on the lookout next spring.

Jim,

Thanks again for including me at the tail end of your weekend invitational. As I mentioned, though I'd been to Ballyneal twice before the course jumped even higher in my overall evaluation this time. Is it the course's maturation? The features and shots required--or, more imporant, available--are terrific.

The absence of tee markers is a unique and outsanding feature of Ballyneal. Playing the second 18 was in many respects like playing a different golf course. I let my caddy select the tees (including some, like a flat piece of ground adjacent to the 5th green, that weren't tees at all!), and many holes (like the 510 yard 13th vs the 430 yard 13th) are totally different. What a blast.

PS While driving from Holyoke to I-76, I got an email from another member inviting me to join him for today/tomorrow at Ballyneal. That was both very ironic and incredibly tempting...
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Richard Choi

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
I would like to thank Jim and other members for hosting the event. I am deeply grateful that I have been able to play such an extraordinary course. If you are into GCA, it really does not get much better than this.

What is remarkable to me is how GREAT everyone is at these GCA events. The people I've met are kind, courteous, funny, and passionate about golf and architecture. If you are a golf geek, you are at home with these comrades. You know you are among the die hards when you NEVER hear any complaints about unfair bounces, quirky lies, or three putting greens.

And Mike Wagner put on a driver CLINIC on Saturday. He averaged about 330 off the tee and it was a pleasure just watching him swing. Too bad his string of three putts put him way north of par :)

P.S. "Dell" Sims is a RIOT with a couple of shots in him. He was practically ready to sign the membership papers right there in the bar. Not sure if his fiance would have been too happy if that happened:)

Scott Szabo

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
I would like to thank Jim and other members for hosting the event. I am deeply grateful that I have been able to play such an extraordinary course. If you are into GCA, it really does not get much better than this.

What is remarkable to me is how GREAT everyone is at these GCA events. The people I've met are kind, courteous, funny, and passionate about golf and architecture. If you are a golf geek, you are at home with these comrades. You know you are among the die hards when you NEVER hear any complaints about unfair bounces, quirky lies, or three putting greens.

And Mike Wagner put on a driver CLINIC on Saturday. He averaged about 330 off the tee and it was a pleasure just watching him swing. Too bad his string of three putts put him way north of par :)

P.S. "Dell" Sims is a RIOT with a couple of shots in him. He was practically ready to sign the membership papers right there in the bar. Not sure if his fiance would have been too happy if that happened:)

Mike Wagner and I play the same game it sounds.  Except for the 330 off the tee and straight part...

"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »
Well I am here at work digesting the weekend and wishing I had my game for the trip. Funny thing is unlike most times were I get pissed and down on myself there's no such hangover's this time. That's a testament to the people and the course. I hope everyone one day gets to expierience ballyneal for themselves, It's a great place. I know a place has me when I play that bad and still go through all the holes in my head days later.  I also jinxed myself with regards to work and yours truly is back on the street lol , so much for my steady weekends . So yes Joe i'm def outa here in six !

I hope everyone got home safely and I am looking forward to teeing it up with everyone once again.

Dell sims

Maybe we can go half and pretend were domestic partners like chuck and larry and split the cost down the middle this way you get to keep your fiance and we both get to golf. Just as long as your the well you know ;)

Rich C

If were both lucky enough to get invited back you better not forget the xbox cause it's on like donkey kong ! I'll show you asians are not the only one's that are good at video games ;) Just no rock star staring JT !

Brad"turtle"Fleischer

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Thanks, Peter.

I never tire of seeing pictures of that beautiful place.

Peter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back