News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

There will be a knight in The Open this year
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
Guys

Old Nick Faldo is now Sir Nick.

Melvyn

Ronald Montesano

Re: There will be a knight in The Open this year
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
Bully
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
I'm still not sure about these knighthoods being doled out for playing a game. I mean Chris Hoy is a nice guy, but all he's done is ride a bike! Gail Emms, however, deserves her gong, cos she's HOT!!! ;D

It's a national disgrace that Brucie still isn't Sir Bruce Forsyth...I guess he must have annoyed Queenie at some point.

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:15 PM »
I'm still not sure about these knighthoods being doled out for playing a game. I mean Chris Hoy is a nice guy, but all he's done is ride a bike! Gail Emms, however, deserves her gong, cos she's HOT!!! ;D

It's a national disgrace that Brucie still isn't Sir Bruce Forsyth...I guess he must have annoyed Queenie at some point.

FBD.

I give up, who's Bruce Forsyth?

At least I know who Sir Nick is!  ::)

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:50:49 AM »
It must have been all those Royal Command Performances she had to sit through. In days gone by Brucie would hyave been sent to the tower for some of the awful jokes he told.

Niall

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:14:25 AM »
Bill

What do you mean "who's Bruce Forsyth?"  Well let me introduce you to him on Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOfpYx4ZN8

Prior to watching this clip, I must notify you of a public health warning that you may come away after viewing with a Marty Bonnar disposition – the effect can be that serious.  :-[ :'( :o ;D    You have been warned - view at your peril.  ;)

Melvyn

PS Who ever heard of a Scotsman playing the part of James Bond-Bonnar (007 – licensed to kill a perfect Martini & a 3 hour round of golf  - that’s just on a good gay).  Sorry Marty, but the truth will-out.  ;) 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:56:51 AM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
Bruce is very deserving surely, has Terry Wogan been sirred as well? I am suprised Nick Faldo has entered the Open this year, it seems very long, many past champs give it a miss now unless its at TOC for the fear of doing a 90.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

What do you mean "who's Bruce Forsyth?"  Well let me introduce you to him on Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOfpYx4ZN8

Prior to watching this clip, I must notify you of a public health warning that you may come away after viewing with a Marty Bonnar disposition – the effect can be that serious.  :-[ :'( :o ;D    You have been warned - view at your peril.  ;)

Well, he's not Benny Hill and he's not Monte Python, that's for sure.  Did you actually watch his show?

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »

Bill

The answer is No, No No - would you?

Melvyn

Anthony Gray

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »

Melvyn,

Who are some others in the golf world that have been knighted?

Anthony

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »

Melvyn,

Who are some others in the golf world that have been knighted?

Anthony

I can only think of Henry Cotten.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »
Anthony

Bill is spot on, there has only ever been two Cotton and now Faldo, who have been knighted for their part in golf.

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back