News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Gleneagles for £75!
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

Great bargain!

Play Gleneagles from 2pm Sunday-Thursday for only £299 per foursome:

http://www.gleneagles.com/prices-amp-offers/special-offers/tee-time-for-£299

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

David_Tepper

Re: Gleneagles for £75!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:55:49 PM »
Michael -

I am just back from 4 weeks in Dornoch. If what I saw there any indication of the bigger picture (and I suspect it is), I expect golf tourism in GB&I will take a MAJOR hit this year. It would not surprise me if visitor green fee revenues at the various high-end clubs & daily fee courses/resorts decline anywhere from 20% to 40% from where they were a year or two ago. The lesser and more local courses, that do not get as much green fee revenue from visiting Americans, will likely not take as big a hit.   

There will likely be many more package deals like this one and two-for-one coupons available as the summer progresses. The global economic slump is for real and golf is not immune from it.

DT       

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
David - we should have a thread on this site that keeps track of great UK golf bargains... it would be a terrific service to offer the participants here. Perhaps someone would volunteer to set up a Google spreadsheet (or something similar) to collect submissions from the crew. I know we have a lot of folks on this site duplicating each other's efforts in researching bargains... posting our findings in one central location seems like a good idea to me. We could help each other keep track of open competitions.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
Michael -

You are right, we should.
However, finding someone to do the hard work is the hard part. ;)

I wonder if there might already be a GB&I-based website that is already a clearing-house for this kind of information.

DT 

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »
I wonder if there might already be a GB&I-based website that is already a clearing-house for this kind of information.

If there is such a site I have not found it.

I am always amazed at the great deals and opportunities that turn up on this site... just from participants who surf around the club/resort websites and discover these unadvertised offers. For example, I once found an unadvertised summer web-only special at the Balmoral hotel in Edinburgh for £99 per night... this was a great bargain! Wouldn't it be wonderful if these kinds of offers could be posted on here in an organized way.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back