News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Boulder Ridge CC in San Jose, CA , opinions?
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »
I am scheduled to play Boulder Ridge CC in San Jose, CA this Monday, is it worth the drive from Sacto? Pictures look interesting, but what are your opinions of the course?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Boulder Ridge CC in San Jose, CA , opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
It's worth the drive, for sure.  Definite cartball - very hilly, some very long green to tee jaunts - but some very neat views from up on the hilltop on which the course sits... and some HUGE boulders (hence the name), making it seem like Scottsdale in San Jose.  Also several darn good golf holes, for sure.

It will never be the purist GCAer's cup of tea, but I found it to be good fun the two times I played it.

And one side note, you will be playing the closest course to my house.  Try not to throw rocks or anything.

;D

Tim Leahy

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
It's worth the drive, for sure.  Definite cartball - very hilly, some very long green to tee jaunts - but some very neat views from up on the hilltop on which the course sits... and some HUGE boulders (hence the name), making it seem like Scottsdale in San Jose.  Also several darn good golf holes, for sure.

It will never be the purist GCAer's cup of tea, but I found it to be good fun the two times I played it.

And one side note, you will be playing the closest course to my house.  Try not to throw rocks or anything.

;D

You do have those bullet proof windows on your house don't you? I promise to yell fore!
Seriously, how is the traffic on 87south on Monday mornings around 8?  I am staying near the airport and it looks like I have to take a short ride on the 87.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
Reverse commute, Tim - you'll be just fine.  Just pray a prayer for those heading the other direction.

;D

Note also... Cinnabar Hills is just up the road, more or less.. would make for a fine 36 hole day if you get ambitious.

TH

Tim Leahy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »
Reverse commute, Tim - you'll be just fine.  Just pray a prayer for those heading the other direction.

;D

Note also... Cinnabar Hills is just up the road, more or less.. would make for a fine 36 hole day if you get ambitious.

TH

Thanks, copter Tom!  8)
I won't be playing 36, just heading home to Sacto afterwards, I am going try to walk on at Harding Park on Sunday afternoon and then head down to SJ Sunday night.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
When I first saw the thread title, I flashed back to a weekend camping trip with three other couples many years ago when the guys played two rounds at Boulder Creek a little north of San Jose.  That was a fun if very short and tight course.  What's the current status there?

Rich Goodale

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
Tim

I think Cinnabar Hills is a much better course than Boulder Ridge, but if you're committed to the latter, you'll find it interesting, for the reasons that Tom says.  It's been 7 years since I've been to either place, so whatever option you take, please report back.

Rich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back