News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Mingay

Interview with one of my favourite guys in golf
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »
Check out Will Smith's short, yet interesting interview with one of my favourite guys in golf, Tim Liddy, at Punchbowlgolf.com:
http://punchbowlgolf.com/2009/05/tim-liddy/#more-937

My hat's off to Will, too. His site is presenting some really, really interesting stuff. Keep it up, Will. Your contribution to golf and course architecture is an important one, and seemingly growing. Great work.
jeffmingay.com

Will Smith

Re: Interview with one of my favourite guys in golf
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
Thanks Jeff. Always good to hear good things about work you have done. I appreciate it.

-Will

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:12:26 PM »

I always find it interesting how life unfolds. Much is to be said about being in the right place at the right time. I enjoyed the interview and got the sense that the value of true friendship is to be cherished.

Anthony

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
I think this type of interview is very important for historical record. Imagine if film existed featuring interviews with Mackenzie, Ross, Tillinghast, et al. This footage would be invaluable to students of golf architecture. Golf history will be richer 50 years (and more) from now because guys like Will have taken the time to interview contemporary designers, like Tim and others.   

Very cool.
jeffmingay.com

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
And even more importantly Jeff, if those details were available the ideas of the novice might not have gained such a foot hold. I find it amazing that those who love ANGC fail to heed the principles inherent in the design apparently figuring their opinion is worthy, leading to disfigurement of so many places.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:40:36 AM »
Interesting interview and for me what came out of it is the word FUN along with the importance of studying other world courses and actually Project Managing your design on site. However, fundamentally, Fun is what it should be all about and Tim certainly understands that.

Most enjoyable, many thanks Guys.

Melvyn

Philippe Binette

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 09:08:41 AM »
Great stuff Will...

I love the : let's put the beer aside and talk about golf architecture approach.

I would imagine, Mackenzie on the boat back from Australia... coming out of another win in the dance contest, putting the whisky aside and go: The inspiration behind Royal Melbourne was to replicate.....

Dunlop_White

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:34 AM »
Great job, Tim. Thanks for sending me the link to the interview. Keep'em coming!

Also, I like this website very much. Glad I know about Punchbowlgolf.com

Will Smith

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
Thanks again for all the kind words. Tim was a very convivial interview and we had a good match at Chechesse beforehand.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back