News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gary Slatter

Re: Harry Colt's Caird Park, Dundee
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
I've just met a director of The great TORONTO GOLF CLUB and in conversation I mentioned Caird Park in Dundee being a newly discovered COLT design.  Armed with the golfclubatlas info they will try to play it this week. 

Toronto Golf is looking forward to the restoration by HAWTREE and ASSOCIATES and have taken the bold move to close the course to get the work done.  I've managed to play it a few times over 30 years (Leo Bradshaw has maintained membership there even while playing as a professional) and love the course, it would fit in well if it were next to Sunningdale, it's very British.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 05:38:16 AM »
For the sake of muni golf in Dundee , this connection to Harry Colt , should be kept very quiet .

Paul_Turner

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »
I've just met a director of The great TORONTO GOLF CLUB and in conversation I mentioned Caird Park in Dundee being a newly discovered COLT design.  Armed with the golfclubatlas info they will try to play it this week. 

Toronto Golf is looking forward to the restoration by HAWTREE and ASSOCIATES and have taken the bold move to close the course to get the work done.  I've managed to play it a few times over 30 years (Leo Bradshaw has maintained membership there even while playing as a professional) and love the course, it would fit in well if it were next to Sunningdale, it's very British.

Gary

I don't think the work at Toronto will be a restoration.  More like a renovation or redesign.
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

Cristian

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
These pics are some great examples of interesting greens on flat sites. It shows that there is nothing wrong, both tactically and visually with mounding around the green to create strategic interest. It's the backdrop mounding that makes holes look very artificial and out of place. Some of the green sites look like extreme versions of the Toxandria(also Colt) pics in the thread on greens on flat sites. Perhaps this was the young and wild Colt at work!

The 17th green is a fantastic green site, and judging from the picture it merits a visit just by itself. At 26 UKP weekday greenfee, it's one of those reasons why you have to love Scotland.

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »

Simon Barrington

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back