News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

KP 2009 - Photos
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:30 AM »

"... and I liked the guy ..."

DMoriarty

Re: KP 2009 - Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:40:36 AM »

Proof that firm and fast is not always a good thing.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:10 AM »

And it was down-canyon and down-wind, obviously impairing the judgment of the driver ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

DMoriarty

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:14 AM »

And it was down-canyon and down-wind, obviously impairing the judgment of the driver ...

When in doubt, go with the putter.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:24 AM »
Ouchhh, Hope you got a mulligan !!!

Not to be mean but boy are those some serious shorts , give credit on that one ;)

Patrick Kiser

Re: KP 2009 - Photos New
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:29:31 AM »
Couple more for good measure  ;)

Santa Anita on the back nine with Tommy, Lou, Jordan, and John

Santa Anita 18th green:

Soule Park - weakest hole in my opinion but what a view:

Soule Park - 1st Tee (Joe, Pete P., Ross, Bill, and Pete L. with Bob J. on the tee ... I think)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:12:11 PM by Patrick Kiser »
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Note to moderators. Please shut this thread down before Anthony Gray sees it and starts posting pictures of me.

;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:45:59 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »
Confession time.

As much as Anthony was NOTHING like I pictured him.. and good lord is that true... Garland you were EXACTLY what I had in mind.

But your secret is safe with me.

;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
Tom,

What secret? My picture has been up here a few times including my favorite where I was explaining the finer details of Golf Course Architecture to Jay Blasi.

The difference this time is that Anthony took pictures of me from some, ummmm...., interesting angles. Maybe the moderators need to wait til they come up and then kill the tread immediately.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
Tom,

What secret? My picture has been up here a few times including my favorite where I was explaining the finer details of Golf Course Architecture to Jay Blasi.

The difference this time is that Anthony took pictures of me from some, ummmm...., interesting angles. Maybe the moderators need to wait til they come up and then kill the tread immediately.

Aha.  I did not know that. I had not seen your greatness in photos prior to seeing such in person.

;D

George Freeman

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

Can we get some names to go along with the pictures???  Always nice to put a face to a name here on GCA.com...funny how you automatically "picture" someone who you've never seen before and how off you can be sometimes when you finally meet them or see a pic.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »

Can we get some names to go along with the pictures???  Always nice to put a face to a name here on GCA.com...funny how you automatically "picture" someone who you've never seen before and how off you can be sometimes when you finally meet them or see a pic.

Let me see... If my memory serves me right that is left to right, Garland Bayley, Anthony Gray, and Tom Huckaby.

NOT!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:15:51 PM by Garland Bayley »

Scott Warren

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »
The dude on the right in the top picture, wearing the pale pink polo has got to have the biggest upper body to waist ratio I have ever seen in my life!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »
The dude on the right in the top picture, wearing the pale pink polo has got to have the biggest upper body to waist ratio I have ever seen in my life!

Spaulding on steroids.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »

Spaulding on steroids.

It's more like the countless, cougar filled gyms that I drive by in Orange County every day. That's a weird photo, and I think Benham photoshopped it.....
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »

Hmmm...the tall guy....glove on right hand indicates he's a lefty...looks like he could still run the floor....
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Patrick Kiser

Re: KP 2009 - Photos New
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

Spaulding on steroids.

It's more like the countless, cougar filled gyms that I drive by in Orange County every day. That's a weird photo, and I think Benham photoshopped it.....

That or you were doing your best imitation of Jordan on Friday without the undies showing...   ;D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:50:41 AM by Patrick Kiser »
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »
You got that right, Kevin.  We should all look so good at 20 years younger.

;D

For those who don't know....

Tall lefty is indeed Lynn Shackelford (former Bruin great), center is Christian Spaulding (current great in all ways), other side is Steve Pieracci (rocket scientist great).

Peter Wagner

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
Here's one of David Stamm and me on the 5th tee at Sherwood.  Notice how calm we look not knowing the carnage that was to follow:

Here's a shot of Tom Yost, golf glamor boy:

Anthony as shown from his best side:

These guys got all the chicks:

The 7th green at Sherwood... can you spot the one guy going low?

Peter: Hey Garland, where are you from?
Garland: Well Portland... no wait, Washington, well basically Portland.
Peter:  Ummm....
Garland:  No it's really Washington but you can think of me from Portland.

What the hell do I do with that?   :)

Ahhh, the scene of the crime.  Here's Lou "Ace" Duran on the 17th at Sherwood the site of Lou's hole-in-one.

And lastly, the rock star photo:

David Stamm

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »
Great photos, Peter! If only I felt as calm as I seem to look there!  ;) What a motley looking crew in the last pic!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

George Freeman

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 01:33:27 PM »

Ditto for the second set of pics by Peter
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Richard Choi

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
A few more group shots...

Relaxing after the round at Soule Park:

Hanging out at the locker room at Sherwood:

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »
Mayhugh, you're everywhere!

rjsimper

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »
Has anyone ever looked more irritated than that after making a hole in one?

;D

John Mayhugh

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
Mayhugh, you're everywhere!

Gives you some idea of the standards of play, doesn't it?

This is only my second Kings Putter & I hope there are lots more in my future. It's a great time of year to leave Kentucky for sunny California.  The temperatures there yesterday were about 2x what we have at home in Louisville today.  Our esteemed organizers showed a sense of humor and had us playing foursomes (alternate shot) yesterday morning.  Jordan and I are still speaking to each other.......but just barely. 

I'll try to provide names to match photos later, but hopefully someone will beat me to it.  It's hard for me to believe that of all the people that participate in the site, the number that go to any outing is very small.  Trust me, you don't have to be good.  You just need to be ready to play some good golf courses.  And then you won't wonder who in the hell all these people are.  The courses this time provided a lot of variety.  Great job by David & Robert organizing things. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back