News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Let's talk Rustic Canyon
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »
The graph with the wind data is completely off. Moriarty and I played that day from 6:00 am to 9:00 am and the wind was much, much stronger than it was during our second round with the GCA guys.  The graph shows no wind from 6-9am.

I was gonna ask you that.. the graph seems weird to me too, for that reason.

But another question.. reading about Tom Y.'s putt on 5... was my putt from way above the hole (and then stopping it at most two feet past) then one of the great putts in modern golf? Thank GOD I hit it about half as hard as I thought I should....

;D

Only one of?

;D ;D ;D

Man that is one scary green.  I had no clue, thank god.  If I did it would have ended up off the green for sure.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
Stop already with this one of the greatest putts stuff! the greatest putts go in the hole!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

DMoriarty

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
Maybe I am confused, but the wind chart that came up for me was Camarillo.  Not far away in distance-wise, but different weather-wise.   I couldn't bring up Moorpark, but for Simi Valley (a few miles down the road and in the same Valley)  the wind speed was 11 with gusts to 25.  This seems more reasonable to me, but I don't think we got many gusts to 25.

Stop already with this one of the greatest putts stuff! the greatest putts go in the hole!

Careful Garland, you'll  get Tom started on his putt on the 4th.

Tom Yost, 

I didn't want to mention this but since you broke out the Spinach jokes . . . . If you putted off of the green on 5 it was not the setup, it was purely golfer error.   In our early round David Kelly and I tried a bunch of putts to see if we could get the ball to roll off the green, to no avail.  And that was before the Super moved the pin to a safer position.   

What'd you hit, that persimmon wood in your photo?  Did you expect bumpers to keep you on the green?   

Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Tom Yost

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2009, 01:58:23 AM »

Tom Yost, 

I didn't want to mention this but since you broke out the Spinach jokes . . . . If you putted off of the green on 5 it was not the setup, it was purely golfer error.   In our early round David Kelly and I tried a bunch of putts to see if we could get the ball to roll off the green, to no avail.  And that was before the Super moved the pin to a safer position.   

What'd you hit, that persimmon wood in your photo?  Did you expect bumpers to keep you on the green?   

Hey, I never said it was the setup.  I had already demonstrated my deft touch by 3-putting three of the first four holes.   :P

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
David, you know I can't be stopped.  ;D

Oh yes my putt on 4 was rather tasty.  And yes that one did go on the hole... from the wrong side of the hump.  Those of you whining about that pin placement, well I stand ready to give putting lessons.

;D ;D

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
Damn - I really need to get out to RC once the economy improves.  Thanks for all the great posts!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back