News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Shackelford let the cat out of the bag on his website putting up a quote about ANGC. Hey, if we can scoop Golf Digest, we're fare game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:26:50 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Jim_Kennedy

Pete,Are you talking about the interview found here?

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/interviewwatson.html
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Pete_Pittock

That be the one. Since it wasn't announced by the poohbahs, and Robin Nelson's interview is still "featured"  thought I'd make 'em work a bit.

David_Tepper

Thanks for the heads up on the Watson interview.

As a San Fran Bay Area resident, I thought Watson's mention of Sonoma GC as one of his 3 favorite Champion's Tour courses was quite interesting. That course is a favorite of mine as well. 

Doug Siebert

I fell as though as a thank you GCA should take up a collection to buy Tom a new keyboard that has a caps lock key that isn't stuck ;)

I found his singling out of the 6th at Ballybunion interesting.  I've always thought it was a highly underrated hole, and the spot where Ballybunion truly begins as you play right up to the sea.  From the 6th on its the 13 greatest unbroken stretch of holes anywhere in the world.

I wonder if his choice of the 17th of PB was influenced at all by a certain memory...
My hovercraft is full of eels.

PCCraig

His work at Cassique is really really good even if it doesn't fit the GCA.com mold.
H.P.S.

Garland Bayley

Interesting that they did this. A while back when I came across GD list of all top 100, I pointed out that almost everything Tom Watson did made the lists and nothing of what Greg Norman did made the lists. I probably did that to show Matt Ward he was barking up the wrong tree with his endless promotion of Norman's Red Sky Ranch course.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

...GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED...

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ONE TO FAVOR A 'RANKING' OF GOLF COURSES, SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S INHERENTLY SUBJECTIVE.

Thanks for reinforcing that notion; the original "TW"

I've heard of a Stanford alum buddies day that TW has had at SHGC, along with some sampling of great viniculture.  His affinity towards the sand hills and his desire to do something architecturally in the sand hills is exciting.  I sure hope he gets the chance someday.  Does Adam or anyone know if TW scouted out Ballyneal yet?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back