News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

Norman & Mickelson
« on: April 04, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
Norman 3 off the lead at the Shell?  Frankly I am very much looking forward to watching him at Augusta next week.  His chances of winning are obviously distant but he may do surprisingly well.

My head is again scratching on Phil.  Missed the cut badly the week before the Masters??  Why did he even play?  He probably would have been better served going home and getting ready for Augusta instead of playing this week...

JC

Brad Fleischer

Re: Norman & Mickelson
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
Would love for him to have a good showing, was my fav when I was a kid other than payne but he makes
it so brutal to cheer for him sometimes. I can see it now, two off going into sun and shots 76. Well I'll be
pulling for him anyway. I remember getting the rebok norman pump golf shoes in 92, jr year in high school lol.

David Kelly

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
My head is again scratching on Phil.  Missed the cut badly the week before the Masters??  Why did he even play? 

Well I'm sure when he enteredt the tournament he wasn't expecting to miss the cut badly.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

My head is again scratching on Phil.  Missed the cut badly the week before the Masters??  Why did he even play?  He probably would have been better served going home and getting ready for Augusta instead of playing this week...

JC

Idle time is like death for gambling addicts... particularly during March Madness.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »
Word.  If you've followed the event at all, they've tried to set up Redstone as much like ANGC as they can.  Good for Phil to get bad shots out of system, try certain things under competitive pressure, and not sit idly by at home with his putter in his hands.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:28:45 PM »
Word.  If you've followed the event at all, they've tried to set up Redstone as much like ANGC as they can.  Good for Phil to get bad shots out of system, try certain things under competitive pressure, and not sit idly by at home with his putter in his hands.

It's amazing that missing the cut can pitched as a good thing.  Mickelson made it sound like the best case, like he got rid of shots he would have saved for next week if he'd played well.

I'll all for positive thinking, but Shell's current conditions are similar to Augusta's in many ways, at least around the greens, and it can't bode well to chop it up.

WW

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »
OT - Any reason for posting here?

Until such time as the supposed Moderators act on these threads, I'm going to comment. AND I mean either create an OT area or get off the pot, boys...

best,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Steve Lang

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
 8)  I thnk its simply that phil doesn't play well in the wind.. high ball and all.
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Philippe Binette

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
In preparing for the Maters, not sure I would have want to make the cut this week, long days because of the delays... 27 holes on sunday, potential monday finish ????... late flight, 1 hour jet lag...

might as well have a nice breakfast and fool around Augusta on sunday

Anthony Gray

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »

Maybe Phil did it on purpose so he could get better odds next week. Haven't you been watching what is going on with the KP?

Anthony

jeffwarne

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:52 AM »

Ronald,
Rumor is they set up Augusta like Augusta as well.
Not picking on Mickelson, I just don't get why pros would not go in early to prepare at Augusta as Nicklaus used to. (then come back on Tuesday refreshed, not stressed)
Why go to Houston to get the feel of Augusta?
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kalen Braley

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »
Wow.

Final Round 81 for Norman.  That away to get the good vibes going for next week.   ;D

Andy Troeger

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
Go Freddie!

Mark Arata

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
judging by Sergio's performance, Golfsmith should be safe from having to pay for any new taylor made drivers next week........
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back