News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Re: King's Putter (Soule/Rustic/Sherwood) - pairings
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »

Do the high handicappers have more fun? Just read this thread and see.

Garland........I can't wait to meet you in person. MOM is already packed.

Anthony

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »
Hey Tom,
   Lavallee ain't no slouch in the wine category either. I will pitch and run 'em to death with new irons.
   I will be pinot running if anyone is interested in augmenting their cellar.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:59:09 PM by Pete_Pittock »

John Mayhugh

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 11:08:28 PM »
Match 3 - 11:43AM
C. Spaulding(a) / T. Naccarato(b) 
J. Mayhugh(a) / A. Gray(b) 
oh my!  need VIDEO for this group given personalities involved... methinks this will be the one for the gallery to follow...

I've never played with any of the other people in the group and have only briefly met Anthony. 

I do hope that C. Spaulding doesn't turn out to be the long hitter in the family.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:48 PM »
He ain't. But he has met the guys from South Park before. :-X
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
Much ado about nothing.  Mr. Ball has switched me to match #3 as Mr. Spaulding cannot play on Saturday.  I am with Tommy.  He ain't heavy, he is my brother.
I hope I can keep Tommy calm until at least #16.  There all hell will break loose as someone has planted two new trees just off the right side of the fairway.  Tommy, I think a good 3 iron will bring them down!
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Ross Waldorf

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 02:00:35 AM »
Pete:

Happy to gab about wine with you and Pete Lavallee. I'll want to have something cheerful to discuss with Mr. Lavallee in case he has to bail my ass out because the version of my golf game that shows up is the one where I have no idea where half my shots are going. Plan to have a good time, though, regardless.

Look forward to meeting you chaps.
R

Mike Benham

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
Much to Lynn's chagrin, I am, predictably, out ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 02:30:11 AM »
Ross,
We'll have a good time. My expertise in pinot noirs is based on being able to walk into a local shop, explaining I'm heading to California and want to take some superior wines down, and handing over the plastic. We can talk about Arches, I'm heading there after KP.

Peter

Rob Rigg

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 02:30:40 AM »
Pete,

Who are your top 5 pinot producers in OR?

We should compare notes sometime . . . maybe I can make this wonderful shingig next year.

Enjoy lads - looking forward to hearing about the craic.

Ross Waldorf

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 03:33:13 AM »
Pete:

Always happy to talk about Arches. Have to make another trip out there again -- my wife and son have never been, so it's on the (long) list for a return. Look forward to meeting you.

By the way, as a general comment to all who are reading this thread and are coming to KP -- Rustic Canyon has been in really sensational condition the last two times I've been there. I was talking to the head pro last weekend and he mentioned that they've actually been messing around with the grass to try to firm things up. Conditions are decidedly firmer and faster than I've seen them for some time. In fact, the last two times I've been out there, the fairways have been VERY firm. My eyebrows were definitely raised in a good way.

If any of you have followed the conditioning saga at Rustic, since about two years or so after the course opened, things tended to go more toward the overwatered, not-enough-roll end of the spectrum. But the pendulum seems to be swinging back in the right direction. I'm not hooked in well-enough over there these days, so I don't know if this is going to be the new standard, but I have my fingers crossed.

Anyway, just an FYI for the GCA crowd.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 04:25:51 AM »
I've been accused of a few things over the years but NEVER being an (A) player!  (God help the North....).  J

Kalen Braley

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:14 AM »
Ross,
We'll have a good time. My expertise in pinot noirs is based on being able to walk into a local shop, explaining I'm heading to California and want to take some superior wines down, and handing over the plastic. We can talk about Arches, I'm heading there after KP.

Peter

Pete,

You're in for a real treat.  I've been to Arches several times and it never gets old.  If you have an entire day to spend there it still won't be enough time.  A evening walk to delicate arch during the last hour before sunset is not to be missed.  ;)

I'll be back down there in the general area again this month but it will be to off-road my FJ and see if I can't break something.  ;D

Lou_Duran

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
O Captain my Captain! what have you done,
You have so saddled Mr. Ober, that I might feel his brunt.

A good friend of mine told me before we played in our first fourball as partners never to apologize for bad play (it doesn't help the situation, is somewhat annoying after awhlie, and it connotes defeatism).  So, David Ober, no apologies, but be forewarned!  I know our opponents and they are formidable.  We are clearly the underdogs.  Much work to be done, so little time.

Any word on the Friday tee times?

Kudos to the organizers.  It will be a great time, paticularly with Rustic Canyon in tournament condition and our wine steward already on top of things.  I am sorry that so many of the regulars are skipping this year.  A sign of the times, I suppose.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
Pete,

If you are headed to Arches, you might want to swing by Canyonlands Pinnacles? and play Forrest's Hideout nearby. Hiking in Canyonlands is stunning. But watch out you don't park up a road that might be threatened by flash flooding.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence...  ::)  I'll do what I can in the "anchor" match.

Humble apologies to the organizers if they were intending a thread of their own... but this is too fun to let lie.

The Saturday pairings are out.  Go to KP website (which is really cool btw... great job fellas)....

And oh my are their some interesting matchups. I simply MUST comment.

SATURDAY FOURBALLS at Soule Park

Match 1 - 11:28AM
D. Ober(a) / L. Duran(b) 
J. Spaulding(a) / R. Goodale(b) 
battle of the A players... should be very very fair match... but man what a battle of WITS could take place also... need a microphone/recorder for this group

Match 2 - 11:35AM
R. Ball(a) / T. Petersen(b) 
K. Henderson(a) / S. Henderson(b)
more A players... can brothers effectively pair?

C. Spaulding(a) / T. Naccarato(b) 
oh my!  need VIDEO for this group given personalities involved... methinks this will be the one for the gallery to follow...

Match 4 - 11:50AM
P. Lavallee(a) / R. Waldorf(b) 
P. Pittock(a) / B. Jenkins(b) 
very equal... get on Peter P's good side for wine purposes....

Match 5 - 11:58AM
L. Shackelford(a) / J. Perches(b) 
R. Choi(a) / G. Bayley(b)
Lynn is close to a scratch.... this darn well better be NET or eyebrows are raising...

Match 6 - 12:05AM
Dave Miller(a) / David Miller(b) 
J. Cummings(a) / P. Kiser(b) 
so the two Millers are father and son?  Very very fun and knowledgeable group - get recorder for this one also

Match 7 - 12:13AM
D. Stamm(a) / T. Yost(b) 
E. Fleisher(a) / T. Leahy(b) 
Evan you BETTER play to your index.

Looking forward to Sunday... can't wait to see who's saddled with me....

;D ;D

Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
As Lynn indicated, the pairings have been altered some.
Match 1 - 11:28AM
D. Ober(a) / L. Duran(b)    
C. Spaulding(a) / R. Goodale(b)    

Match 2 - 11:35AM
R. Ball(a) / T. Petersen(b)    
K. Henderson(a) / S. Henderson(b)    

L. Shackelford(a) / T. Naccarato(b)    

Match 4 - 11:50AM
P. Lavallee(a) / R. Waldorf(b)    
P. Pittock(a) / B. Jenkins(b)    

Match 5 - 11:58AM
B. McBride(a) / J. Perches(b)    
R. Choi(a) / G. Bayley(b)    

Match 6 - 12:05PM
Dave Miller(a) / David Miller(b)    
J. Cummings(a) / P. Kiser(b)    

Match 7 - 12:13PM
D. Stamm(a) / T. Yost(b)    
E. Fleisher(a) / T. Leahy(b)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rich Goodale

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
Is the format 4-ball better ball?

If so, what does the (b) mean next to my name?  Am I supposed to bring my "b" game or is it just assumed that I will?

Tim Leahy

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »
Note to organizers, since I am in the last group at 12:13 I don't think I will have enough time to get to Ojai Valley for a second round that day, so take me off that list. That will give me more time to celebrate a NoCal victory with teammates and SoCal vanquished.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »
Tim,

If you are still interested, see the other KP thread...might be possible to get in a morning round at Ojai as an alternative.

Note to organizers, since I am in the last group at 12:13 I don't think I will have enough time to get to Ojai Valley for a second round that day, so take me off that list. That will give me more time to celebrate a NoCal victory with teammates and SoCal vanquished.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tim Leahy

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
Tim,

If you are still interested, see the other KP thread...might be possible to get in a morning round at Ojai as an alternative.

Evan, see my response in the other thread, it looks like I am going to stick with one round that day. Looking forward to 36 at Sherwood though.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back