News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ed_getka

Opening day Old Macdonald
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »
I received the call yesterday. Bandon Dunes Old Mac is available for reservations. 8)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Opening day Old Macdonald
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »
Ed,
When is your reservation? April 1, 2010? Or is this for the preview rounds?

rjsimper

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »
Long trip from RDU, Ed.
 ;)

Mike Benham

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »
Out ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
IN....

in my dreams that is.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
In n out, or so my stomach tells me.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:17:29 PM »

MOM can't wait to get back.

ed_getka

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »
Pete,
   June 1 is opening day of OM.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »
Ed,
Good timing, I will be down there in late June anyways.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »
A guy I work with does an annual trip to Bandon, but after this last one....in early December...he say never more....too crowded...pace of play was to slow...too many hackers....to much of feeling like its been "discovered" by the masses....
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Rob Rigg

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
In - Birthday present to myself

O thanks me you are very generous - Yes me you are - Shouldn't you be buying diapers for your son with that money - Shut up me you are becoming annoying, get your priorities straight, he should be potty trained by now anyways - Apologies me, understood

Sean Leary

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
June 1st 2009 or 2010?

David Kelly

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »
June 1st 2009 or 2010?

June 1, 2010 and I'll be there with bells on.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Mark Arata

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
me too.

6-2-2-0 for ten rounds
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Eric_Terhorst

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 09:58:06 PM »
A guy I work with does an annual trip to Bandon, but after this last one....in early December...he say never more....too crowded...pace of play was to slow...too many hackers....to much of feeling like its been "discovered" by the masses....

???
On a beautiful Sunday afternoon a few days ago, March 22, two of us played Bandon Dunes in 3 1/2 hours, never rushing at all, and saw maybe one other group. 

Most of the other rounds we played with four and rarely waited.  On the 12th hole at Pac Dunes, we waited a wee bit too long on the tee, and the ranger arranged for us to play through on the 13th tee. 

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »
Just to clarify, today, April 1 '09, was the first official day of 10 hole preview rounds at Old Mac, with a starter building and starter, shuttle service, all sets of markers out, cups cut, etc.

Craig Sweet...sorry your friend had difficulties with his visit.  My sense of things is that there is plenty of room to play, and in fact, I played the last three days, at three different courses, and we played in about 4 hours each round.

Of all the superlatives one might offer about Old Mac (and there are many, in my mind), the quality of the turf, to me, stands out...dense, rooted, consistent, pure fescue at it's best.  Kudos to the growin Supt, Ken Nice, and the team out there.

Tom

Tom
the pres

Stan Dodd

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
Just got back.  Played 5 rounds never waited.  On arrival they rearranged rounds to suit us with out a problem.  Good weather no crowds.  Stayed in the Yurts for $16 a night.  Would go back in a second.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 01:33:15 PM »
Ed,
Was this April Fools', the opening of 10 hole preview rounds, or a specific date for the whole course.
Nothing on the last option on their website.

Frank Sullivan

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »
Hopefully someone who played today or yesterday will post some pictures!!!!!!

Thanks in advance:)

Frank

Will Smith

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 01:40:05 PM »
I visited Old Mac in February and spoke to Jim Urbina. You can see the first part of my interview with him and pictures/video of the course here:

http://punchbowlgolf.com/2009/03/jim-urbina/

Hope you like it.

Brad Swanson

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
I visited Old Mac in February and spoke to Jim Urbina. You can see the first part of my interview with him and pictures/video of the course here:

http://punchbowlgolf.com/2009/03/jim-urbina/

Hope you like it.

Was the "freshprincegolf.com" domain reserved, Will?  I keed, I keed!  Welcome to GCA.

Cheers,
Brad

ed_getka

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:45 PM »
Ed,
Was this April Fools', the opening of 10 hole preview rounds, or a specific date for the whole course.
Nothing on the last option on their website.

Pete,
  I'm in the FOMK club. ;) This will be my third consecutive course opening at Bandon. I simply call them up and ask to be put on a to be notified list when reservations become available. A number of people do this and I would imagine they give them a few days at least to respond before they make an announcement on their website. Just give them a call and I'm sure you can get in. Opening day is pretty cool I think. Typically the architect is there, Mike Keiser greets every group on the first tee and has a picture taken which they send you later (free), a commemorative coin with the opening day date on it, and an opening day scorecard. It makes for a fun day.

Opening day is June 1, 2010.

Michael Robin

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »
Don't tell everybody Ed! ;D Are you sure it's June 1? I had originally heard of another date.

Richard Choi

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 02:32:27 AM »
Man, count me IN! I will be there. Calling tomorrow...

ed_getka

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »
Don't tell everybody Ed! ;D Are you sure it's June 1? I had originally heard of another date.

I already have my tee times and room reservations. I figured the least I could do is let my friends know before the rest of the public finds out. :) June 1 is the official opening day, I was contacted directly by Bandon Dunes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back