News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Videos from Hanse's French Creek Golf Club New
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »
I just updated the link to:  http://punchbowlgolf.com/2008/10/french-creek-17-bunker-project/

The three videos are all at punchbowlgolf.com

Video 1 includes an interview with Jim Wagner, Vice President, Design Partner of Hanse Golf Course Design.  There's also a nice video of the golf course.

Video 2 is an interview with Bruce Cadenelli, our Head Greenkeeper.  You'll see why we love him...

Video 3 is Jim Wagner again describing a bunker reconstruction project that took place in March, 2008.   The construction company didn't optimize the bunker for drainage, and Bruce engaged Jim and Gil to rehabilitate the bunker.  Note that the final video shows the rebuilt bunker without sand.    I absolutely love this bunker - it almost never comes into play physically, but it really plays with the golfer's mind.

(You can go fullscreen on the vids if you click the "four arrows" icon in the bottom right of the video.

Special thanks to the producer of these videos, Will Smith of www.punchbowlgolf.com.   Will is also the gentleman that produced those great videos of Old MacDonald.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:34:11 PM by Dan Herrmann »

Tom Dunne

Re: Videos from Hanse's French Creek Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:43:38 PM »
Thanks for the videos, Dan--all three worth watching. This is the first look I've had at French Creek, though I've seen it from the road on my way to that "other" club across the street. Some great land out Elverson way, that's for sure. "Genteel neglect" sounds like a good plan for '09. Have fun out there! 

Sean_A

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:25:52 AM »
Dan

Thanks for posting the vids.  The course looks very fine!  Remind me why I didn't play the course when I was in town?  What a knucklehead I am.

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »
Sean,
We didn't play that day due to lots of rain and thunderstorms.  Much as I love golf, I hate lightning!

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »
Sean,
We didn't play that day due to lots of rain and thunderstorms.  Much as I love golf, I hate lightning!

Dan

Oh yeah, I remember now.  That day was spent in Philly trouncing around the park and a few museums - it was very nasty.  The weather was a boon for tourism - hardly a soul was about.   

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
Dan -

Videos are really cool... especially love the Billy Bragg soundtrack!

WW

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
Wayne,
You know what's sad - I don't even know the gentleman, Will Smith, that did the videos.

Be sure to check out all his vids at http://www.vimeo.com/user807856  Very highly recommended!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back