News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Bosela

I just wanted to thank Rob and Dick for organizing the Otter Creek outing this past weekend.  We got very fortunate with the weather, as the rain cleared up just prior to our tee time.

I played the front with Rob and David Kemp and the ninth hole really prompted a lot of discussion.  We made a bogey and two doubles and we were ready to pounce on Dick as he approached the hole from the group behind.  Of course, he hits driver down the middle, crushes a 3-wood that barely clears the 100 yard ravine, pitches to about three feet and steps up and makes the par putt.

"Easy hole", he says.  :D

I played the back with DKemp, Dick and Ian and there were many discussions that I enjoyed - Dick spoke about the time spent working on the lower fairway on the 14th hole (great hole) and I also enjoyed listening to Dick and Ian talk about the 15th green and the illusions and deception present there.

The fun moment for me was on the par four 16th, which was playing 378 yards and is steeply downhill.  I was going to take the cerebral route and just hit iron off the tee to have a shot from the fairway above the hole but Dick urged me to hit driver.

"You can get it right down the hill!", he exclaimed.

So I nailed my best shot of the day and felt proud to have only a 30 yard pitch into the green.  Dick could barely hide the smile on his face when I made bogey from there.  :D

There were more interesting discussions about how the 18th hole came to be after our round concluded and then we headed off to Ian's house in Brantford for some barbeque and futher discussions.  Many thanks to Ian and his wife Cynthia for their hospitality and young James, Ian's son, for the spicy hot and delicious Doritos!

It was an extremely enjoyable day.  I didn't get the chance to play with Guy or Jeff but enjoyed our conversation at Casa Andrew.  Many thanks again to all the organizers and attendees and I look forward to getting together with everyone again soon.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back