News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert "Cliff" Stanfield

http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/?cm_re=Head-_-Logo-_-Home&PHPSESSID=7529e37ae604255dab50584f31a5abbb

Really funny to me??

Is this a TM sponsored ploy? The confidence factor...that if you buy the driver and he wins they will refund your money....what are the odds??  Plus how does Sergio feel about that kind of ploy....maybe it should be a putter instead of a driver?

Jim Colton

Is there anything stopping someone from buying the driver and then returning it for a full refund if he doesn't win?  Essentially that means zero risk for the buyer.  Free driver if he wins, nothing if he loses.

PCCraig

This is kind of like the furniture chain in Boston that, at the beginning of the year, said that you could buy everything you want during a certain sale, and if the Red Sox won the World Series, it would be free.

The Red Sox won.

All the store or company has to do is buy insurance against it. Granted, its expensive...but a good idea to clear inventory.
H.P.S.

George Freeman

Is there anything stopping someone from buying the driver and then returning it for a full refund if he doesn't win?  Essentially that means zero risk for the buyer.  Free driver if he wins, nothing if he loses.

Great idea, but I would assume they have thought of this and have some clause against returning the driver after the Masters...If not, sign me up!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

rjsimper

10% restocking fee.

However, if Sergio is leading by 10 strokes going into Sunday, the contest allows purchases up until Saturday midnight.

George Freeman

10% restocking fee.

However, if Sergio is leading by 10 strokes going into Sunday, the contest allows purchases up until Saturday midnight.

Just read through the "official rules" and I don't see anything about a 10% restocking fee...you don't get refunded the shipping if you order the club however.

But, you can enter this without even buying the driver....just submit a form, and if he wins, you get a new driver, if not, nothing lost but the time spent filling out the form.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

rjsimper

10% restocking fee.

Just read through the "official rules" and I don't see anything about a 10% restocking fee...you don't get refunded the shipping if you order the club however.

But, you can enter this without even buying the driver....just submit a form, and if he wins, you get a new driver, if not, nothing lost but the time spent filling out the form.

Read a bit closer.

There is a 10% restocking fee for all clubs purchased during the promotional period.

But yes you are right, you can enter without purchasing - I am doing that now.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back