News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Welcome Adam Lowes
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »
Just wanted to welcome new member Adam Lowes.

He's a member at the beautiful Kennedy Bay in Western Australia and, more importantly, a fellow Ryan Adams fan.

Here's hoping he will share some pictures of his home course with us.

Welcome, Adam.

Adam Lowes

Re: Welcome Adam Lowes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
Scott, a warm welcome.

Thanks mate. A fellow golf forum tragic  ;D

Keen to have a good look around, and introduce the world to Kennedy Bay. A newish, beautiful course in Western Australia. Will be taking a few pictures on Tuesday with a review in mind. A strange claim to fame, the only course in Australia to have gone under twice. But it is back and better than ever. And the players are returning in droves. Shame about the poor management companies in the past.

Will also be looking for some advice and recommendations re: California. My lovely wife and I are heading over in July, just booked our tickets and will have a week to spend around San Francisco (hoping to play golf at least once! I can't believe how many amazing courses are in one stretch of coastline. It makes me cry that I can't stay for months  :'( ). Scott, thanks for linking me to your thread regarding your upcoming road trip . Sounds amazing and looks like some very helpful folk on these forums.

Oh, and Ryan Adams rocks. Currently listening to Love Is Hell. Awesome.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:26:42 AM by Adam Lowes »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »

Adam,

Welcome. I hope after joining the group you will still be married in july. You will love California.Tom Huckaby may suggest the red white and blue in his hometown.

Anthony

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:15:25 AM by Anthony Gray »

George Pazin

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
I can't believe how many amazing courses are in one stretch of coastline. It makes me cry that I can't stay for months  :'(

Welcome to the site.

Nobody from Australia is allowed to complain about missing out on good golf. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
Adam,

Welcome, I had the pleasure of playing Kennedy Bay in December 2005 I can honestly say it was the best value golf I've ever played. At that time the clubhouse was still cabins and there were no houses around the course, I assume from the plans that's all changed now?

Mark
Cave Nil Vino

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
Welcome Adam

I look forward to you introducing Kennedy Bay to us.  My daughter is emigrating to Perth shortly so I may well get the opportunity to play there in the next few years.

The Melbourne sandbelt courses get most of the attention on here.  What other good courses are there in western Australia?
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Buck Wolter

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »
Scott and Adam-
What about Whiskeytown?
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Adam Lowes

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »
Adam,

Welcome, I had the pleasure of playing Kennedy Bay in December 2005 I can honestly say it was the best value golf I've ever played. At that time the clubhouse was still cabins and there were no houses around the course, I assume from the plans that's all changed now?

Mark
Mark,

It is even better value now, they reduced the green fees by 25% when they reopened last year  :o It has been called the best value golf in Australia. It is certainly the cheapest course to play that ranks in Australias top 20.

The shed is still there, but much improved, and plans to build the "proper" clubhouse are being drawn up. The new owners are actually a building company, which helps.

There are also plans to build another nine holes and make that for the public, and have the existing 18 hole layout as the members course.

Adam Lowes

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
Welcome Adam

I look forward to you introducing Kennedy Bay to us.  My daughter is emigrating to Perth shortly so I may well get the opportunity to play there in the next few years.

The Melbourne sandbelt courses get most of the attention on here.  What other good courses are there in western Australia?
I hope your daughter loves Perth. If you make your way over here let me know and I would love to show you Kennedy Bay and a few other hidden gems in WA.

I am yet to golf in the sandbelt and it breaks my heart.

And Buck,

Whiskeytown is good. I have only own Pneumonia, and I like it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back