News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Moore II

Re: Indoor Golf Domes
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »
Mike, I will just say I have no experience with domes, I live in North Carolina, we don't really have the need for them. But as far as summer goes, I can't see it working. What I can see working though is one of those full scale simulator things. One of those might even work in the winter as well. That way, you can see the flight of the ball (on a big video screen of course) and could play 18 holes of golf in 90 minutes or so. You can get the sims that have full courses on them, I remember this sports bar back home having a sim of Pinehurst #2, Pebble and a few others. The cost of the full simulator is like $30000, but that is the whole thing with the video projector, launch monitor and the whole deal. That, to me, would make a good business idea. Advertise is as 'play 18 holes in 1 hour' or something like that. I bet you get a ton of people who have the itch to play but don't have 5 hours to do it.

Mark Smolens

Re: Indoor Golf Domes
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
Cantigny in Winfield, IL just recently opened their renovated practice area.  At the back of the range is a building with 10 heated hitting bays that open out onto the range.  There's video on their website.  Looks as if this might be more feasible economically than a dome. . .

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back