News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Composite Course at MPCC
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »
As well as being a par 72, it would have 6 each of 3s, 4s, and 5s.... a nice balance!  :)

What hole would replace 9 Dunes?

Balance is nice... loss of a GREAT golf hole does not sound like a positive to me....

Kalen Braley

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »
As well as being a par 72, it would have 6 each of 3s, 4s, and 5s.... a nice balance!  :)

What hole would replace 9 Dunes?

Balance is nice... loss of a GREAT golf hole does not sound like a positive to me....

I'm guessing the replacement would then be hole #7 on the Shore...

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
Kalen - thanks.  If so that's a pretty good trade.  But I still like the par 74 version.

;D

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
Tom,

The Shore 7th would replace the Dunes 9th.  A difficult 224 yard par three with an unbelievably beautiful vista at the green site.

The Dunes 9th is a short par 5 of some 500 yards.

Bob

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »
Tom,

The Shore 7th would replace the Dunes 9th.  A difficult 224 yard par three with an unbelievably beautiful vista at the green site.

The Dunes 9th is a short par 5 of some 500 yards.

Bob

Bob - thanks.  As much as I do love and respect 7 Shore... my preference is for 9 Dunes.  There are only so many holes where one can out-do Nick Price.

;D

In any case, either way works wonderfully.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
Brilliant idea!

Interesting that the Shore outscores the Dunes 11-7. Mike S would have been well pleased, I'm sure!

My one and only single, minor, petty, hardly-worth-mentioning disappointment about playing the Shore for the only time was that the Dunes #6 was on the 'other' course. That is a hole where, like Kingsbarns 15, CPC 15 and 16 and Kilspindie 8, I could happily stand on the tee, soaking up the atmosphere, just hitting shot after shot ad golfeum.

My opinions of the Shore are obviously greatly enhanced by the quality of the playing companionship on the day. ;) (There is a new John Deere dealership just opened here in Glenrothes with the BIG green and yellow sign which makes me smile every time I drive by. ;D ;D ;D I MUST pop in to see if they sell Caps...

cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
Marty:

Mike S. might be pleased.. and this is the best way to do a composite.. but I still think Dunes is a better course than Shore on the overall.

Just not sure why you chose #6 at Dunes for your contemplation, out of the other possible choices.  Are you sure you have that right?

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
Sorry, 6 on the composite. The par 3 over the rocks and ocean. Wrong # for the Dunes?????
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »
Sorry, 6 on the composite. The par 3 over the rocks and ocean. Wrong # for the Dunes?????

Aha.  Yes, 14 Dunes normally.... and a very fine choice.

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back