News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re: 2:02 PM Eastern Standard Time: Tiger tees off today...
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 07:16:32 PM »
For the average 16 handicap, the course doesn't look enjoyable, too penal
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

John Moore II

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I have not looked it up, but I was thinking (they did say it was a Ritz-Carlton course right?) that it can't be a Ritz resort, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to get resort play around the golf course in less than 5 1/2 or 6 hours. Those greens are wild, big time run-offs, and real death if you hit the ball too far off line.

Edit: I checked, it is a resort. Wow, talk about a painful place to try and play as a resort guest, especially if you want to play remotely fast.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:05:01 PM by John K. Moore »

Doug Siebert

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 10:22:31 PM »
I wonder if how many scorpions and rattlers there are in the desert surrounding those fairways?  If I had a bad day I might finish early after visiting the ER for some antivenom :)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

John Moore II

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »
I wonder if how many scorpions and rattlers there are in the desert surrounding those fairways?  If I had a bad day I might finish early after visiting the ER for some antivenom :)

You know, when I said death[/] if you hit the ball too far off line, I was meaning it figuratively. Though given what you said and the abundance of rattlesnakes and such, I suppose an off line shot could possibly mean literal death if you were not careful. Terrible thought.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 11:21:02 AM »

You know, when I said death[/] if you hit the ball too far off line, I was meaning it figuratively. Though given what you said and the abundance of rattlesnakes and such, I suppose an off line shot could possibly mean literal death if you were not careful. Terrible thought.
There was no talk or sign of any rattlesnakes on the course. Perhaps they can't afford the rent. I'm also not sure many rattlers stay that high up in the middle of winter. I saw a million bunnies, squirrels etc.. on the Phoenix courses but nothing at Ventana or Dove Mountain. That would indicate species that prey on them would not be around.

The jumping cactus on the other hand. I saw a guy get one of those in the back of the calf and he went down like he was shot. His pals seemed to think it was  funny,  although he was still hobbling when I saw him half on hour later.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:24:25 AM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

David Neveux

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I have not looked it up, but I was thinking (they did say it was a Ritz-Carlton course right?) that it can't be a Ritz resort, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to get resort play around the golf course in less than 5 1/2 or 6 hours. Those greens are wild, big time run-offs, and real death if you hit the ball too far off line.

Edit: I checked, it is a resort. Wow, talk about a painful place to try and play as a resort guest, especially if you want to play remotely fast.

I thought I heard the resort had two courses.  That being the case my guess is the other golf course is more "user friendly"

Nev

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back