News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alan FitzGerald CGCS MG

50 Most Influential People in Irish Golf
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »
I just got this article from Golf Digest Ireland emailed to me. Cool to see my old boss, the Super at Mount Juliet, made it in there along with GCAs Pat Ruddy and the famous players, developers etc.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:28:03 PM by Alan FitzGerald »
Golf construction & maintenance are like creating a masterpiece; Da Vinci didn't paint the Mona Lisa's eyes first..... You start with the backdrop, layer on the detail and fine tune the finished product into a masterpiece

Greg Ohlendorf

Re: 50 Most Influential People in Irish Golf
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »
Any list of important people in Irish golf has to start with Eddie Hackett who did more for some of the most remote areas of the island by bringing them hope with his building a large number great Irish links courses especially in the west and northwest. Donegal, Carne, Enniscrone, Connemara, and Waterville to name a few.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:28:49 AM »
Greg, I think it assumes that those who can still influence must be those who are still alive... You could certainly argue that this assumption is false...

Donal Breasail

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:21:50 AM »
Any one got a link to the article? thanks
Don

Alan FitzGerald CGCS MG

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
Of course Eddie Hackett is in there. It's the 50 most influential for the last 100 years. I have a pdf of the article but it's too big to upload, I can email it to anyone who wants it.
Golf construction & maintenance are like creating a masterpiece; Da Vinci didn't paint the Mona Lisa's eyes first..... You start with the backdrop, layer on the detail and fine tune the finished product into a masterpiece

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back