News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

GBoring

Hello Everyone
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
I just wanted to introduce myself of being new to the site.  I have been a big fan of the site for several years. 

Greg Boring
Clarks Summit, PA

Occupation: Golf Course Superintenent @ The Country Club of Scranton

Previous Courses Worked on:
GCS, Glen Oak Country Club
AGCS, Preakness Hills Country Club
AGCS, Johns Island West
Intern, Oakmont Country Club

Favorite Courses:
Fishers Island
Yeamans Hall
Oakmont
Merion
Pine Valley
NGLA
Garden City

However I love the greens contours at the Country Club of Scranton.

Tom_Doak

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
Greg:

We'll have a volunteer crew over in the spring to help you mow out your fairways to their original width.  I think Patrick Mucci is paying for maintaining it all.  ;)

Welcome.

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »
Hello to you Greg:

I hope you stay around and contribute liberally to this DG. Over the years it seems like the GOLFCLUBATLAS.com DG is or can be a pretty dicey place to be for superintendents as God knows there sure have been a whole lot of good ones that are gone from here.

In my opinion, superintendents on here are as valuable as golf course architects on here! Information from people directly involved in the business of golf course architecture is great to have on here but in my opinion the very same thing is true of people directly involved in the business of golf course maintenance. They pretty much go hand in hand, or one might even say they MELD! 

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:25:03 PM by TEPaul »

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:17:49 AM »
Are we sure this isn't Mucci using a pseudonym perfectly describing his participation here?

Sorry Greg, I'm sure you have heard it all thousands of times before, but someone had to say it.

Welcome.

;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Hello to you Greg:

I hope you stay around and contribute liberally to this DG.

Greg,

Get busy. Your over 33,000 posts behind.

Welcome,

Anthony

Ian Andrew

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »
Greg,

I'm looking forward to the first time where I see you and you say, "those people are crazy!"

Good to see you've joined in the mix.

Ian

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
Welcome Greg,

Small world as I was in Clarks Summit this evening picking up our granddaughter and thought we might be spending the night as we got caught in a little blizzard.

I'm originally from Blakely and I've been a huge fan of CC od S since following Ben Crenshaw around the course in his rookie season on tour.

Great to see you here!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back