News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Brauer is a member of the elite CDU (Course Design Unit), a group with the Machiavellian mission of building better golf courses BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! He is a loose cannon and we cannot allow him to rock the boat any longer.

Jeff Brauer; Artist’s Rendering:

Brauer has injected far too many fanciful GCA discussions with his truth serum.

Above: Brauer “discussing” design with an innocent, fellow GCAer.

Above: Brauer “taking aim” at our Pie-in-the-sky ideals.

It is time to fight back. We have to beat him at his own game…Golf!

To that end, I suggest a GCA “hit” on Brauer’s course ‘The Quarry at Giants Ridge’. I’m hoping sometime in late spring/early summer, on a weekend.

Who’s with me!?!?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:02:11 PM by Charlie Goerges »
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Kyle Harris

Re: *Classified* Brauer, Jeffrey D. *Dossier*
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »
That one picture bears a STRONG resemblance to Joe Bausch.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »
Geez Kyle, it says "classified"  ;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »
It looks like he is working over Jamey Bryan to me. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:40:05 AM »
Chalie,

I am not up enough on pop culture to know who that guy you show is.....being from Chicago originally, I sure know what a "hit" is!  Not sure I like this thread direction......

If anyone wants to play the Quarry and take me for a few dollars, I am already considering two trips up there this summer -

They have a press day in mid June (which is really late spring up there) and I could go a day early....

The PGA is in MSP in August, and I have already talked with the dearly departed (from this site) Jay Flemma about going up there to play early in that week.

Sorry I don't have the exact dates, but I throw it out there for consideration.  Its always possible that you guys can muddle through without me, and in fact, might enjoy your architectural assinations of my course more without me......
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »
A week ago I would have been right there with you Jeff. But I saw '24' for the first time last week, and the above is the main character Jack Bauer. I thought the name similarities were too good to pass up. But in the end it was my own convoluted way to see if folks wanted to get together and play the Quarry.

Mid June is about the time I was thinking. Hopefully we'll get some responses from the rest of the Minnesota contingent (or anyone who would like to get together and play). If we could play when you're up Jeff, that would be terrific!

Perhaps I'll amend the title of the thread, it may have been a bit unclear.  ;)

Morgan Clawson

Charlie,

I live in Minneapolis and can most likely cruise up there for a round in Mid June.

Thanks...

Charlie Goerges

That would be cool Morgan. Hopefully we can get a few more from the Minnesota contingent at least. I thought it would be fun to meet/greet a few fellow GCAers, and if we can coordinate with Jeff, all the better.

Greg Clark

My yearly golf buddy trip is convening June 4th - 7th to play Jeff's 3 courses in that area.  Very much looking forward to it, and would be happy to meet with any GCA'ers if they were up there at that time.

Charlie Goerges

Thanks for the reply Greg. That sounds cool as well. Maybe we can see if those dates match up with when Jeff will be up there.

Come on Minnesota (and Wisconsin, North Dakota, Southwest Ontario et al) GCAers! I promise that I'm not as annoying in person as I am online. Let's try to get together!

Shane Wright

Thanks for the reply Greg. That sounds cool as well. Maybe we can see if those dates match up with when Jeff will be up there.

Come on Minnesota (and Wisconsin, North Dakota, Southwest Ontario et al) GCAers! I promise that I'm not as annoying in person as I am online. Let's try to get together!

Charlie - I live in Minneapolis as well and will make it up if my schedule allows. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back