News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

3,000 Posts..........OT.
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »
I have just noticed that I have reached and exceeded the 3,000 post threshold.....a level that was quite beyond my wildest imagination when I first logged in [actually it was before logins].

As I remember my first post was some sort of gibberish.....but I was thrilled that Forrest Richardson deemed it valuable enough to respond to.

.....and it was only then that I started my quest to become a member of the ASGCA.

In the meantime I have been elevated and demoted to God Status twice, and I'm OK with that......there are only two true Gods in this Pantheon;

TomP and Patrick.

Anyway, I just want to take this opportunity to thank all those that contribute here for providing me the material and camaraderie to reach this level.

paul.

paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Mike_Cirba

Re: 3,000 Posts..........OT.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:11:48 AM »
Paul,

Indeed, congratulations and promotion are in order.   

Nice job, and we look forward to more.

Now, get back to work. 

;)

paul cowley

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
.....oh Mike...excuse me for not noticing your Status.

How many more of you are out there?

And yes, I'll get right on a serious post. :)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:22:42 AM »
.....oh Mike...excuse me for not noticing your Status.

How many more of you are out there?

And yes, I'll get right on a serious post. :)

Paul,

All of the above was most lovingly posted tongue-in-cheek.  ;D

If my billion or so posts have even half the value of your 3,000, I'll consider my time well spent.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »
Oh no, Paul, you've fallen down -- just short of the 2009 finish line!

3) To try to post more seriously, with much less humor, combined with biting criticism of others work and their personalities....persons both past and present.

4)....and as a result, post here a whole lot less.  ;)

Mark

Paul Jones

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Does anyone know the number of post required to change level - Newbie, Jr Member, Sr Member, etc....?
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:11:11 AM »

Paul,

CONGRATS!!!!

Are you broke?

Does your family recognize you?

Anthony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »
Does anyone know the number of post required to change level - Newbie, Jr Member, Sr Member, etc....?

Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

Uber-God - 100,000....I think Tom Paul is 30% to that status.  ;D

There used to be a way to view all the top posters but they put the ki-bosh on it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:20:54 AM by Kalen Braley »

John Moore II

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 01:52:09 PM »

Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Full Member - 500 (or maybe 250)
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

There used to be a way to view all the top posters but they put the ki-bosh on it.

Wayne_Freedman

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
Congratulations.
Think not in the quantity of posts, but the quality of minutes.

Sorry, hours.

Days?

Weeks??

Joe Hancock

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:54 AM »

Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

If you gorge yourself with enough reading here, you will know more about golf course architecture, but will likely be more chubby. Viva la Golf Club Atlas!
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Moore II

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »

Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

If you gorge yourself with enough reading here, you will know more about golf course architecture, but will likely be more chubby. Viva la Golf Club Atlas!

Yes, I can't disagree with the gaining weight thing. I have gained probably 20 pounds in the last year since I have been on this site. Through a combination of things though. I have recently decided I didn't want to be fat, so now I am in the gym.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

Yes, I can't disagree with the gaining weight thing. I have gained probably 20 pounds in the last year since I have been on this site. Through a combination of things though. I have recently decided I didn't want to be fat, so now I am in the gym.

John,

I'm disappointed in you.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Moore II

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
Paul,

I think its:

Newbie - 0
Jr. Member - 100
Sr. Member - 1,000
Yabb God - 10,000

And...

John,

I'm disappointed in you.

Joe

Say it ain't so Joe. What have I done to disappoint the master?

paul cowley

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »
Seriously folks.....from the littlest poster to the most grand....I want to wish each and all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Joe Hancock

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »
Seriously folks.....from the littlest poster to the most grand....I want to wish each and all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

And congrats to you Paul on being a recently well endowed poster....3000+ is large!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back