News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: One wish granted...
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
Gib,

Cross Country golf sounds awesome.

But 7 Tee to 15 green at CPC?  Holy hell that would be some approach shot over the road...unless you meant 14 green.  ;D

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2008, 02:38:55 PM »
Kalen,

Open your mind laddie! Try to envision a delicate pitch from the 14th green, over the road and onto the 15th tee. Nobody said it was going to be easy and the last time I looked, there is precedent to having a road in play on a golf hole. Putt it across if you have the dreaded sand wedge yips.

I am uniquely qualified to discuss that subject.

For us NorCal types, it occurs to me that Burlingame CC presents more possible loops than any other golf course I can think of. The routing of Desert Pines in Las Vegas has faded in my mind, but I recall the entire golf course being criss-cross applesauce even worse than what Nicklaus did at Coyote Creek to the old Riverside GC in San Jose.

Possible Whiskey Routes from the clubhouse at Poplar Creek are so numerous that my brain locked up trying to keep them all straight. 

My sense is that golf courses on a tight piece of property tend to provide more possible  options.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:41:23 PM by Gib Papazian »

Patrick Glynn

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
One of my loops at Lahinch is starting at 3 (my house has a little lane way that joins the course behind the 2nd green) play until the Dell (5th) then hop down the last 4.

Pasa's 1,2,3 is quite strong, and we all liked playing 10, 11, 12, 17 (ish), and 18.

Chip - I cannot believe you chose 2,3,4 at RCD. 3,4,5 are clearly FAR superior holes.

dsilk

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
  i know the course gets crucified here but Secession 16, 17 , 18 pars 5,,3 and 4 has never disappointed....
RJ  if i keep my stick on the ice, how will i protect myself?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »
Geez Dave, that is why you get the gooniest ugliest meanest guy for a road roomie, and bribe women in bars to flirt with him and get them to tell him to protect their other little friend, Davey.  ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »
15-17 at CPC just bacause of the looks.

For once, I agree with JKM
 :D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean Leary

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »
A quick whiskey route at PD would be 1,2,7

8,9 and 10 at the original "PD" would be fantastic. Whoa, 10, 17 & 18 is a pretty mean trifecta, too.  1,2,6,7 would be just okay in comparison to the other two combos.

In a horserace in the member guest this year, we played 10, 11, 16, 17, and 18.  Late afternoon sunny day in October. Doesn't get much better than that......

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back