News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Re: Interest in an Armchair Architecture Contest/Activity?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »
Something else I just thought of.  Since Charlie knows the course, maybe he could give some kind of review of the customer's needs.

Is it public, private, resort...?
Will it be holding professional championships?
What kind of player will be playing this course on a regular basis?
Does each nine have to loop back to the clubhouse?
Do we need room for a practice area and maintenance facilities?
I'm sure others could think of more...

Along these same lines, how many sets of tees does there need to be or is that up to each person?

Excellent question, I decided on 3 sets to keep it from getting too complicated. The rest will be in the new thread which, if I really kick ass tonight after my girls get to sleep, you might see tonight or tomorrow.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Michael Dugger

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »
I'm interested, surely.

I should add, though, that I don't really think "designing" a hole or what not is any true test.

What I'm trying to say is no true competition would be complete without routing the golf holes.

To me this is the most essential part of any design.  It's the "bones" while the individual holes and their features are the "clothes"
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
I'm interested, surely.

I should add, though, that I don't really think "designing" a hole or what not is any true test.

What I'm trying to say is no true competition would be complete without routing the golf holes.

To me this is the most essential part of any design.  It's the "bones" while the individual holes and their features are the "clothes"

Then you're in luck! Routing is exactly what this exercise is all about. Hopefully the items I post later tonight or tomorrow (barring any major problems) will elucidate that fact.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back