News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Mosely

Ventana Canyon in Tucson
« on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »
A friend and I took a trip there a few years back and had a really great time.  We paid $199 for all the golf we could play and a nights stay in a swank room at the resort.  I know there isn't a lot of architecture there, but I think it might be one of the prettiest courses I ever played. 

Yes, I know that's not everything, and yes I know it Tom Fazio, but the treehouse just held a successful get-together at a Fazio.

I like the mountain course more then the canyon course.  It seems impossible to walk because there are immense walks from tee to green, but I still liked it and wanted to know if others enjoyed it too.

Dave_Miller

Re: Ventana Canyon in Tucson
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
A friend and I took a trip there a few years back and had a really great time.  We paid $199 for all the golf we could play and a nights stay in a swank room at the resort.  I know there isn't a lot of architecture there, but I think it might be one of the prettiest courses I ever played. 

Yes, I know that's not everything, and yes I know it Tom Fazio, but the treehouse just held a successful get-together at a Fazio.

I like the mountain course more then the canyon course.  It seems impossible to walk because there are immense walks from tee to green, but I still liked it and wanted to know if others enjoyed it too.

Mike:
Have played both courses and enjoyed both very much.  Ventana Canyon is a great place.
Best
Dave

Jason Topp

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »
I used to live close to the course and have played it many times.   I really enjoy it.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
VC was my introduction to desert golf back in 1989. I loved it at the time. It was very unique and the resort was really well done. Remember that one course was private back then, but we took lessons from the pro which got you out on it. Long time ago but it was a great place.

Mike Mosely

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »
Anybody wanna put up some photos and talk about some holes?   Maybe those evil greenside pot bunkers on 1?  The cool approach to two with its back drop of a Saguaro Forest?  Or maybe 4?  The short par-5?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back