News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jim_lewis

Re: Pinehurst Resort: I not #2, which other course would you play?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
Sam:

My guess is that only a very small percentage of golfers are willing and able to pay $400 for a round of golf. However, it is just that small percentage that resorts like Pinehurst, Pebble Beach, etc. attract. I don't think I have ever paid that much to play a course, but I'm not going to tell someone else that they can't or shouldn't. There are many things that others choose to spend money on that I don't think is worth the price tag. But, if it's worth it to them, who am I to judge. Come to think of it, when I figure in the cost of travel and hotel, I'm sure I have paid much more than $400 on several occasions. Haven't you?

Jim
"Crusty"  Jim
Freelance Curmudgeon

Craig Disher

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
The $400 figure is the walk-up rate. Starting some time this month a resort guest can have dinner, breakfast, room and a round on #2 for about $470. That is a good chunk of cash but as Jim says, for a special occasion, people will pay.

There's a restaurant here in DC that has a special 10-course menu with wine that starts at $350 per person - without tax and tip. If interested, you need to book well in advance.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
I too would follow John to Tobacco Road and maybe Mid Pines before that.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
I too would follow John to Tobacco Road and maybe Mid Pines before that.

Exactly.  Tobacco Road...then Pine Needles, not Mid-Pines though.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
Sam

I guess one solution may be to "Sneak On" disguised as a member of the walkers club one afternoon.

Crusty

Be nice! ::)

John Moore II

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
Sam

I guess one solution may be to "Sneak On" disguised as a member of the walkers club one afternoon.

Crusty

Be nice! ::)
The walkers are not allowed on #2 every day though. That would be the problem. (Trust me, I thought about it)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back