News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Out-of-Print Regional Golf Magazines
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
During my research for The Minikahda Club in Minneapolis I was introduced to the existence of regional golf magazines, "10,000 Lakes Golfer" (available at the NY Library) and "Golfer and Sportsmen" (some issues at Minnesota Historical Society.) I'm aware of the archived national magazines at the USGA (http://www.usgamuseum.com/researchers/usga_segl/) and at LA84foundation.org. What other regional magazines that covered architecture were there and please, if possible, give links or information to where they can be accessed.

Anthony

Sean_Tully

Re: Out-of-Print Regional Golf Magazines
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »
Tony

That is a very important question that could and should make our research better if we can get  others to share what they know.

Here is what I know of, taken advantage of, and look forward to seeing in the future.

Bay Area
The Fairway Magazine- BAy area and Pacific Coast

Pacific Coast Golf and Motor (numerous variations)I have more info, but I am on a vacation now. Would love to see more of these magazines!

The Country Club- More on SoCal and Pacific Coast

Pacific Northwest Golfer- Mostly in the NW but also covers CA

Midwest
The Golfer- based out of Chicago, covers the whole of the US but is hard to find. I would love to get my hands on some more of these earlier versions.

Hope to see some more additions!

Tully

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Re: Out-of-Print Regional Golf Magazines
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
Thanks Sean. I had no idea there were that many magazines on the West Coast.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back