News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

Play The Ocean Course at Kiawah Online
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »
Just launched today, you can play The Ocean Course online.  Below is a brief description.  The link is www.wgt.com

Welcome to the Public Beta
05 Oct 2008
A little over two years ago a small team of us embarked on a simple idea—bring world-famous golf courses online that play as though you are on the real course. No matter that it hadn't been done before, or that not many people thought it was possible. Today, two world-class courses, a slew of technology patents, nearly one million players and thousands of putts later, we are unveiling our beta product.

The beta includes our new course, The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and host of the 1991 Ryder Cup and 94th PGA Championship, which you can play tee-to-green. Also new are:

*Multi-player capability with in-game chat functionality – up to four players can tee off against one another and razz each other while doing so
*Alternative play options – choose between tee-to-green play or closest-to-the-pin competition
*Tournament rewards – compete in tournaments to win prizes ranging from thousands of dollars to luxurious golf vacations
*Variety of swing options – new additions include punch, chip, flop and putt
*Personalized avatars – choose between several avatars and outfits, both male and female
*Personalized profile pages – share your game stats, videos, pictures, friends, replays, activities, favorite equipment, and blog posts
*Forums – get game tips, share advice, or talk about the latest golf news
We've also added two more blogs to our lineup:

*Peter Kessler, the XM Radio personality, golf historian and former Golf Channel host, will share insights and anecdotes drawing on thousands of interviews he has conducted with the individuals who have shaped the game of golf.
*Josh Zander, "Class A" PGA teaching professional at the Stanford University Golf Course and Golf Digest contributor, will offer tips and post videos on improving your golf game.
We hope you enjoy the beta, and welcome your feedback in the forum. There are many improvements coming, and your feedback will help to shape them and make this the best golf experience online!

Cheers,
WGT Team
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:54:03 AM by Mike Vegis @ Kiawah »

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

Scott Macpherson

Re: Play The Ocean Course at Kiawah Online
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:36:55 AM »
I didn't think this site was for promoting ones wares?

Am I wrong?:-X

Nothing against Kiawah though.... or the 'golfing gamers' amongst us.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
As long as everyone is getting thier chops in.

For a free online MMPOG, check out ShotOnline.  Its completely free to play. However if you want to get all the best clubs, balls, enchancement items, you gotta pay.   ;D

http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/

P.S.  Send me a PM if you join up, I'll help you out with some cyber cash to get outfitted.   ;)

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

It's not our "wares."  It's done by a company in SF.  The unique thing about this game is that the course is not computer animated.  It's photo-realistic.  They came out here and took GPS pictures of each hole of the course.  They had a line of photographers spread 10 yards apart.  The line then moved down each hole about 10 yards at a time so they covered every square inch of the course.  If you really are looking to see the entire Ocean Course, you can do it here...

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 10:22:09 AM »
For those interested, they just opened the back nine of The Ocean Course for play and they'll have Bethpage Black opening in time for the U.S. Open...

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »

Scott,

Nothing is wrong with this. Mike is not going to profit. He is proud of his course and should be.

Anthony

tlavin

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »

It's not our "wares."  It's done by a company in SF.  The unique thing about this game is that the course is not computer animated.  It's photo-realistic.  They came out here and took GPS pictures of each hole of the course.  They had a line of photographers spread 10 yards apart.  The line then moved down each hole about 10 yards at a time so they covered every square inch of the course.  If you really are looking to see the entire Ocean Course, you can do it here...

Come on, Mike, a statistical review of your posts on this site revealed that 97.4 percent were directly related to making favorable comments about Kiawah.  Funny thing is, most of us know that Kiawah is awesome and we don't let your spin get in the way of our respect for the resort.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »

All,

Get off Mike's back. Mike posts on what he knows like all of us. He is an asset. Just wait until the major comes to Kiawah. What do you want him to post on Merion?

Anthony

PCCraig

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »
Thanks Mike-

Unfortunatly my company's IT department seems to think websites for "games" should not be accessed at work. I'll check it out later on when I get home and let you know what I think.
H.P.S.

Scott Macpherson

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
What is this? Dig up a dead thread day?  ;)

scott

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back