News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Last Call: DIXIE CUP 2008
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:54:43 PM »
This is a LAST CALL for DIXIE CUP 2008 registrations. There are currently 19 GCA'ers registered... however, we have tee times reserved for up to 28.

Registration is open to any GCA'er with a pulse... quality of golf game is NOT a factor... ability to enjoy two days of fellowship, food, and frivolity IS a factor. Come join your fellow GCA'ers for a fabulous time on a couple of outstanding golf courses.

Deadline For Registration is October 10

The Dixie Cup will be played in Brooksville Florida. The scheduled dates are October 18 and 19.

The group will be divided into two teams, North & South, and we will play a Ryder Cup style match featuring Fourball matches on Saturday and Singles matches on Sunday. If enough players want to compete in Saturday afternoon matches we will organize a competition that will count towards the Dixie Cup point total.

10/18 we will play World Woods Pine Barrens in the AM with an open afternoon.

10/19 will play Dunes Golfers Club (f/k/a Dunes at Seville) in the AM

Rolling Oaks is already booked for a Junior event both days, but it is anticipated that afternoon times will become available on both Saturday and Sunday for those who would like to play a second round.

Costs at World Woods will be $50.00 for the first round of the day and $30.00 for any additional round same day on either course. The short course is available for the bargain rate of $10.00 walking (one of the best bargains in golf). These rates include tax and cart if desired, walking is permitted.

The fee at Dunes is not yet set, but will likely be lower than WW.

Lodging is available at the following nearby hotels (these are the closest hotels to WW, and the HI Ex is relatively new, and amenities are nearby):

Holiday Inn Express,
14112 CORTEZ BLVD.
BROOKSVILLE, FL 34613
352 597 4540
Rate around $90/night

Comfort Inn Weeki Wachee
9373 Cortez Blvd
Weeki Wachee FL
352 596 9000
Rate around $77.00/night

Hotel rates are subject to change, and no group arrangements have been made.

Confirmed Registrations:

1 Brian W. Graham  Tampa, Fl    
  2 John Goodman  Birmingham, AL    
  3 Michael Whitaker  Greenville, SC    
  4 Eric Smith  Cookeville, TN    
  5 Lou Duran  Costa Mesa, CA    
  6 Douglas Braunsdorf  New Brunswick, NJ
  7 Bill McBride  Pensacola, Fl
  8 John Mayhugh  Louisville, KY
  9 John Cullum  Tampa FL    
10 Mike Golden  Atlanta, GA     
11 Ward Peyronnin  Evansville In    
12 Kyle Harris  Temple Terrace, FL    
13 Peter Lavallee  San Diego, Ca.    
14 Craig Disher  Washington, DC    
15 Jerrold Kluger    Bethesda, MD    
16 Steven Hyden    Tampa, FL    
17 Scott Burroughs  Wake Forest, NC    
18 Dale Talesnick  West Palm Beach    
19 Beau Kerckhove  Stuart, FL

If you would like to join us for the 2008 Dixie Cup just click on the following link and complete the Registration Form on the Dixie Cup webpage:

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:  2008 DIXIE CUP

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:51:01 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Pete Lavallee

Re: Last Call: DIXIE CUP 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
Mike,

Will we be having a formal get together on Sat. night? Do let us know if you have something planned. Thanks for all the work you and Sarge have done to bring off DC 2008!
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

John_Cullum

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
I'm sure we'll conjure up some sort of evening activity
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Jim Thompson

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:49:27 PM »
I'm OUT, but am trying to do everything to make it work at the eleventh hour. 
Jim Thompson

Mike Golden

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:27:36 AM »
This is a LAST CALL for DIXIE CUP 2008 registrations. There are currently 19 GCA'ers registered... however, we have tee times reserved for up to 28.
Rolling Oaks is already booked for a Junior event both days, but it is anticipated that afternoon times will become available on both Saturday and Sunday for those who would like to play a second round.

you can already book tee times for Rolling Oaks in the afternoons for either Saturday or Sunday online.

There are also 3 of us playing Rolling Oaks on Monday morning and we have an opening for a 4th if anyone wants to stay an extra day or Sarge or Kyle are available.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
Ward and Sarge, should I make a Rolling Oaks tee time for Friday mid morning?  Anybody else want to play then?

Eric Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »
Graham and I are definitely in for a replay on Sat. -- I looked online for Rolling Oaks tee times but thought I'd better ask first, what times the group has Sat. morning at Pine Barrens?

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
Bill
I believe I am going to play Brooksville CC with Pete L and Lou D on Friday around 1030

John_Cullum

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »
Graham and I are definitely in for a replay on Sat. -- I looked online for Rolling Oaks tee times but thought I'd better ask first, what times the group has Sat. morning at Pine Barrens?

The last group should finish no later than 1:15 on Saturday

John_Cullum

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
Please let me know if you want to play 36 so we can get you out in the first groups

Mike Golden

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »
Please let me know if you want to play 36 so we can get you out in the first groups

Sarge,

Put Jerry Kluger, Dave Talesnick and me in the last group on Saturday, they aren't getting into Orlando until about 11PM so we will be arriving pretty late in Brooksville and I know I won't be playing 36 (but maybe the short course and practice holes in the afternoon, maybe we could have a Dixie Cup shootout game on the practice holes for those not playing 36).

Bill_McBride

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »
Bill
I believe I am going to play Brooksville CC with Pete L and Lou D on Friday around 1030
Waiting to hear from Ward.......

Put me down for 36 on Saturday if the p.m. is at Rolling Oaks.  Thanks.

John_Cullum

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »
For those who don't care toplay 36, you really should consider playing the short course at WW. It may well be the best Par 29 course on the planet

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »
John - If you have an opening I'd love to join you guys at Brooksville on Friday.  Also, put me down for 36 on Saturday.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »
Bump

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
I will be arriving Sat morning, so would like to join those playing the p.m. round at Rolling Oaks.

Craig Disher

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:53 PM »
John,
Please include me for 36 on Saturday.

Bill - I'm arriving in Orlando at about 11AM on Friday; depending on driving time, I'd be up for a round that afternoon.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
John Mayhugh & Beau Kerckhove both want to play 36 on Saturday.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »

Registration is open to any GCA'er with a pulse... quality of golf game is NOT a factor... ability to enjoy two days of fellowship, food, and frivolity IS a factor. Come join your fellow GCA'ers for a fabulous time on a couple of outstanding golf courses.

Deadline For Registration is October 10

The Dixie Cup will be played in Brooksville Florida. The scheduled dates are October 18 and 19.

The group will be divided into two teams, North & South, and we will play a Ryder Cup style match featuring Fourball matches on Saturday and Singles matches on Sunday. If enough players want to compete in Saturday afternoon matches we will organize a competition that will count towards the Dixie Cup point total.

10/18 we will play World Woods Pine Barrens in the AM with an open afternoon.

10/19 will play Dunes Golfers Club (f/k/a Dunes at Seville) in the AM

Costs at World Woods will be $50.00 for the first round of the day and $30.00 for any additional round same day on either course. The short course is available for the bargain rate of $10.00 walking (one of the best bargains in golf). These rates include tax and cart if desired, walking is permitted.

The fee at Dunes is not yet set, but will likely be lower than WW.

Lodging is available at the following nearby hotels (these are the closest hotels to WW, and the HI Ex is relatively new, and amenities are nearby):

Holiday Inn Express,
14112 CORTEZ BLVD.
BROOKSVILLE, FL 34613
352 597 4540
Rate around $90/night

Comfort Inn Weeki Wachee
9373 Cortez Blvd
Weeki Wachee FL
352 596 9000
Rate around $77.00/night

Hotel rates are subject to change, and no group arrangements have been made.

Confirmed Registrations:

1 Brian W. Graham  Tampa, Fl    
  2 John Goodman  Birmingham, AL    
  3 Michael Whitaker  Greenville, SC    
  4 Eric Smith  Cookeville, TN    
  5 Lou Duran  Costa Mesa, CA    
  6 Douglas Braunsdorf  New Brunswick, NJ
  7 Bill McBride  Pensacola, Fl
  8 John Mayhugh  Louisville, KY
  9 John Cullum  Tampa FL    
10 Mike Golden  Atlanta, GA     
11 Ward Peyronnin  Evansville In    
12 Kyle Harris  Temple Terrace, FL    
13 Peter Lavallee  San Diego, Ca.    
14 Craig Disher  Washington, DC    
15 Jerrold Kluger    Bethesda, MD    
16 Steven Hyden    Tampa, FL    
17 Scott Burroughs  Wake Forest, NC    
18 Dale Talesnick  West Palm Beach    
19 Beau Kerckhove  Stuart, FL

If you would like to join us for the 2008 Dixie Cup just click on the following link and complete the Registration Form on the Dixie Cup webpage:

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:  2008 DIXIE CUP

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »
Holiday Inn Express still has rooms available. AAA rate of $81 per night for room with two queen-size beds.

John Goodman

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
I also would like to play 36 on Saturday, if there's a spot with the group.

John

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »
I was just wondering if someone has thought about where we can go as a group to eat Saturday evening and maybe Sunday evening as well.

John Goodman

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
What about the Saturday afternoon play being contested at alternate shot (or both players drive, then alternate shot from there)?  I think those formats are a lot of fun  . . . and I promise to quit apologizing for my poor play to whomever my partner is after the second or third hole.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
I would join just to play against that John Mayhugh guy, unfortunately college is in the way.  >:(

Cheers,
Jordan

John_Cullum

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »
Sunday afternoon is make your own game. If you don't play Rolling Oaks Saturday, you may want to try on Sunday, or go back and play PB again, or try Brooksville CC. Tee times will not be difficult

The Saturday evening festivities are in the works.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back