News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

England trip
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »
I will be in England and available to play from October 29 through Nov 5.    I land at Heathrow at 7 AM. and drive to Devon.  I hope to get up to Woodhall Spa, Ganton, and Alwoodley Nov 2-5 before I have to be at Oxford for a few days.
I'd love to play with someone.  Mark and Sean are you free? Sean I won't ask you to play are Westward Ho!  :).
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Mark Pearce

Re: England trip
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »
Tommy,

I'm not the Mark you had in mind but would if it works diary-wise would love to travel down to Alwoodley or Ganton for a game.

In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
I will be in England and available to play from October 29 through Nov 5.    I land at Heathrow at 7 AM. and drive to Devon.  I hope to get up to Woodhall Spa, Ganton, and Alwoodley Nov 2-5 before I have to be at Oxford for a few days.
I'd love to play with someone.  Mark and Sean are you free? Sean I won't ask you to play are Westward Ho!  :).

Tommy

I doubt I can make it up north Nov 2-5.  Perhaps we could hook up for a game on your way up to the hinterlands.  Let me know your schedule of travel day(s).

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:56:47 AM »
Tommy if you are near West London at a weekend there are all sorts of possibilities?
Let's make GCA grate again!

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »
Tommy

I'd love to meet up with you for a game at either Ganton or Alwoodley if my diary permits.  Please continue to post details of your trip or IM me once you have some firm dates for each venue.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »
Tom, I'd be delighted to meet you again at any of those, schedule permitting. Mark.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
This should be fun.
Tony I can be at the west end of London on Sunday afternoon and would love to meet and play with you.  You pick the place and I'll show up if that works for you.

I have tee times now.
Monday November 3 at 11:20, I play Woodhall Spa with the director of Golf operations, Richard Latham. I am sure there would be room for another.

Tuesday November 4 I play Ganton at noon.

Wed November 5 I play Alwoodley at 9:40.

I plan on being in Devon from Wed Oct 29-Saturday Nov 1. Sean are you up for Burnham and Berrow or Saunton?
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
This should be fun.
Tony I can be at the west end of London on Sunday afternoon and would love to meet and play with you.  You pick the place and I'll show up if that works for you.

I have tee times now.
Monday November 3 at 11:20, I play Woodhall Spa with the director of Golf operations, Richard Latham. I am sure there would be room for another.

I plan on being in Devon from Wed Oct 29-Saturday Nov 1. Sean are you up for Burnham and Berrow or Saunton?

Tommy

We can shoot for Burnham on 2 November.  I can't confirm until the draw for the winter foursomes is out.  That Sunday is one of the days earmarked for the competition. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
This should be fun.

I have tee times now.

Tommy, are you playing Alwoodley with our friend Nick?  If so, please say hello for me.  I love that golf course.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »
Sean, I would like to be a bit further along on Sunday since I need to be at Woodhall Spa on Monday.

Bill, so far I am playing alone. Is Nick a member?
St. John of the Cross

Sean_A

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 03:25:19 AM »
Sean, I would like to be a bit further along on Sunday since I need to be at Woodhall Spa on Monday.

Tommy

I am confused.  You say that you are in Devon through 1 November and up north 3 November.  From the Gregorian calender I look at that leaves one day.  Do Lutherans work off a different calender - ha!

In any case, 1 November at Burnham is Stableford day - no guests allowed until the afternoon and I am not sure light allows a game. 

I spose we could try to play Beau Desert Sunday afternoon and then you have the option of bedding down in the dormy house (probably a 2.5 hour drive to Woodhall) or kicking on.  Let me know what you are thinking.

Ciao

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:36:42 AM by Sean Arble »

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:42 AM »
This should be fun.

I have tee times now.

Tommy

Have you any spaces for your tee time at Ganton?  Alwoodley is nearer to me but I haven't played Ganton for a while.  Unfortunately I can't manage both days.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »

Tommy

I am confused.  You say that you are in Devon through 1 November and up north 3 November.  From the Gregorian calender I look at that leaves one day.  Do Lutherans work off a different calender - ha!

In any case, 1 November at Burnham is Stableford day - no guests allowed until the afternoon and I am not sure light allows a game. 

I spose we could try to play Beau Desert Sunday afternoon and then you have the option of bedding down in the dormy house (probably a 2.5 hour drive to Woodhall) or kicking on.  Let me know what you are thinking.

Ciao

Actually it is the Norwegian calendar I use.  I will be in Devon through Sat nite.  So B&B is a possibility.  Pick a spot I'll show up.

Andrew, I am playing alone at Ganton and would love to play with you.  I think if you can let them know you are coming, that would be great.
St. John of the Cross

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
Sean any more thoughts about Nov 2?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:05:08 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
St. John of the Cross

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 10:36:56 AM »
So far my itinerary looks likes this.
Wed Oct 29 7 AM land at Heathrow and travel to Westward Ho! and stay and play through Sat Nov 1
Sunday November 2, at noon      Burnham and Berrow with Sean Arble
Monday November 3 at 11:20     Woodhall Spa with Richard Latham
Tuesday November 4 at noon      Ganton with Andrew Mitchell
Wed November 5  at 9:40           Alwoodley alone

I would love to meet any of you either for golf or "tea" especially at Westward Ho! where I have an overseas membership.
St. John of the Cross

Mark Pearce

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »
Tommy,

I'd love to meet and play with you at Alwoodley, if you want.

In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »
Thanks. That would be great.  I look forward to meeting you.
St. John of the Cross

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back