News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Shelman

Wie to go to LPGA Q school
« on: September 09, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »
At the risk of starting a thread that will lead to mudslinging, there's an AP story out today that Michelle Wie is going to go to LPGA Q school.

This, to me, is good news. She now has an opportunity to earn her card. If that happens (I would think that it would), she can choose when and where to play and try to gain momentum and confidence.

If she's out there all the time, hopefully that will mean that there won't be nearly the circus when she's out there. She'll make it or she won't and there will be much less to fight about on here.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Wie to go to LPGA Q school
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
Earlier today I congratulated the site on a first page without any OT topics.  It was nice while it lasted.  Did you know there is a difference between an asiaphile and an asian fetish?

Richard Choi

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »
John, how are these topics not OT? :)

"Practice Round tickets to the Masters"
"Shivas's cheater line"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »

"Shivas's cheater line"

"Practice Round Tickets" was posted after my initial congrats on the Ran and Ben thread.  I let it go because visiting the Masters is an architectural experience.

The Cheater line discussion delves into the core of who truly appreciates the game and architecture and who is no more than a bed post notching poser.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
John,

Yes, this is a site about golf course architecture. But let's be honest, it is a site about golf in general.

If I offended anyone by posting this news, I apologize. If the moderators want to delete it, that's fine.

But the mean-spirited response is, frankly, uncalled for.

I wish I could be as smart as you and as proper as you and as great as you. Because clearly anyone who has a different opinion than you is wrong.

JS

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
You know Jeff, I agree with you and am struck that this is a good thing.  It's like Wie gets a chance to re-define herself under a new adult light.  She gets a chance to wash away all that teenage BS that we all wish we could wash away.

I wish her good luck. 

JC

astavrides

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 05:20:13 AM »
John,

Yes, this is a site about golf course architecture. But let's be honest, it is a site about golf in general.

If I offended anyone by posting this news, I apologize. If the moderators want to delete it, that's fine.

But the mean-spirited response is, frankly, uncalled for.

I wish I could be as smart as you and as proper as you and as great as you. Because clearly anyone who has a different opinion than you is wrong.

JS

Adding 'OT:' to the subject line  makes me personally feel much better about an off topic thread.  I think it is because it adds a bit of an apology.  Otherwise, the post seems to come off as self-important, i.e., "I think everyone will find this interesting even though it is not about golf course architecture."

Garland Bayley

Re: Wie to go to LPGA Q school New
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »

"Shivas's cheater line"

"Practice Round Tickets" was posted after my initial congrats on the Ran and Ben thread.  I let it go because visiting the Masters is an architectural experience.

The Cheater line discussion delves into the core of who truly appreciates the game and architecture and who is no more than a bed post notching poser.

Watching MW play a course differently than the bunters on the LPGA Tour is an architectural learning experience too. ;) Back off Barney. ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:03:19 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back