News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian_L

Re: The Rogue Supt.....
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 02:59:40 PM »
I think that only applies to the guys that wear all those speaker ribbons on their blazers at the annual meeting.... ;D ;D ;D

At first I thought you'd said "sprinkler ribbons"...  :-X

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
Yeah Latshaw...Did he ever try to break into the architecture field like Olson has now boldly done?

I am sure if he ever decides to do so he will let it be known by placing a patch on his crowded golf shirt.  The only time I met him he was the "consultant" that only reccommended the products he had emblazoned on his shirt.....shocker
Tim
  I know that from here on out, youll probably take every opportunity to knock superintendents, which is sad because you work side by side with them. Paul Latshaw has placed past assistants as Superintendents at courses like Oakmont, Muirfield Village, Winged Foot, Southern Hills, Riveria, and Hamiton Farms to name a few, why wouldnt you take his advice or be open to his products? One would think that Mr. Latshaws resume and tournament preparations speak for themself.  He has help promote the golf maintenace profession, brought superintendents into the spotlight and has raised the level of conditioning all over
America. Why would you be so ignorant and view his opinions and advice in a 'product pushin' manner?

Tony Nysse
Asst Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tim Copeland

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »
Yeah Latshaw...Did he ever try to break into the architecture field like Olson has now boldly done?

I am sure if he ever decides to do so he will let it be known by placing a patch on his crowded golf shirt.  The only time I met him he was the "consultant" that only reccommended the products he had emblazoned on his shirt.....shocker
Tim
  I know that from here on out, youll probably take every opportunity to knock superintendents, which is sad because you work side by side with them. Paul Latshaw has placed past assistants as Superintendents at courses like Oakmont, Muirfield Village, Winged Foot, Southern Hills, Riveria, and Hamiton Farms to name a few, why wouldnt you take his advice or be open to his products? One would think that Mr. Latshaws resume and tournament preparations speak for themself.  He has help promote the golf maintenace profession, brought superintendents into the spotlight and has raised the level of conditioning all over
America. Why would you be so ignorant and view his opinions and advice in a 'product pushin' manner?

Tony Nysse
Asst Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX

I am sure he has done all those things and more...as well as love his wife, children and grandchildren.

I was not in the position to take his recommendations.  I was the grow in super on that particular job.  The super that he was riding with could not afford his products......because the course he was trying to grow in had hired latshaw.  Latshaw knew this because he repeatedly stated that the super could not afford his products.

Tony,  There are plenty of good guys I have worked with and know.  If you would care for me to blow sunshine up their skirts by listing their accomplishments here I will do so......but trust me...they know they are good.  They just dont wear it on their sleeves.  You sound like a very impresionable young man.....and I am sure you wil go far.  maybe some day I can work for you and you will be able to prove it to me....as you seem to want to me to like everyone you do.  Just because I do not agre with you young man doesnt mean you are wrong....you are just finding your way to prepare you for being a Superintendent one day....then everyone will question your decisions.
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
Mike Young,

I'd cite the superintendent at Yale who altered/disfigured the 2nd green years ago.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »

I'd cite the superintendent at Yale who altered/disfigured the 2nd green years ago.

Maybe George knows the reason.   Did he bully the green committee or just do it on his own?

Bradley Anderson

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
Tom Doak,

I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I can tell you that when you get to the high budget club level you better be on top of your game or you won't last too long. Honestly, I don't think a phoney can last long in this business when you reach the highest level.

Some of the biggest expenses of these high budgets are not even golf related. At my new job for instance, there were a lot elm trees that died in the 60's and 70's which were replaced by willows and soft maples. I'll spend more money this year cleaning up fallen sticks and forestry than I will on topdressing and grooming greens. But you could compare my huge budget to a club that doesn't have so many soft wood trees and you might think that that guy is a better manager than me. Also some of these big budget clubs have long standing veteren employees on the payroll. What do you do, fire all of those people to lower the budget?

This isn't as simple as people make it out to be.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back