News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Puerto Rico golf
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »
I know there's courses at Dorado Beach...but how good are they?  anything new there or being developed??
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Steve Kline

Re: Puerto Rico golf
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:34:44 AM »
I've played both courses at Dorado beach but it was about 8 years ago. I believe one was used for a senior tour event for a while. I liked that one much better than the other. It had some interesting holes and was very close to the ocean in spots so it got very windy - which means lots of fun for me. I have no idea what it cost at the time, but I would play it again if I was there.

Thomas MacWood

Re: Puerto Rico golf New
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »
Its been a few years since I played them as well. I would agree the East is the better course, although they're pretty similar and both courses are good. The East has the famous double dogleg par-5 over the ponds, which sometimes is given as an example of RTJ's heroic ideal. On both courses the best holes are the holes near the sea. From what I understand originally all the ocean holes were part of one golf course, and then RTJ came back a few years later and expanded it to create two golf courses. That original course must have been a pretty damn good.

I don't know about any other courses on the island...Casa de Campo is only short plain trip away.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:58:30 AM by Tom MacWood »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back