News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Images from Sand Hills
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:24:17 PM »
Another look at a popular course in this circle.

Enjoy!

#4 in pit

#5 Tee shot over  #4 green

Going for the green

#7 greenside bunker

#8 green

#9 green

#10 green from front left

#11 with forecaddie spotting

#18 approach

#18 looking back
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Bart Bradley

Re: Images from Sand Hills
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »
Kyle:

Lovely photos..thanks for another look.  I am salivating.  I will be there in 13 days...can't wait.

Bart

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »
Kyle:

Lovely photos..thanks for another look.  I am salivating.  I will be there in 13 days...can't wait.

Bart

Make sure you try the cheeseburger at Ben's Porch. The club makes its own seasoning and the face on the bottle belongs to the grillmaster himself (who also serves as the starter, though I can't remember his name at the moment).

Have a great time!
It's by far the tastiest burger I've ever had.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »
Kyle, are you photo shopping the pics before you post them in that you are turning up the red-green filter?  Frankly, the color makes the course seem unlike I have ever seen it in my 6 visits in various seasons.  Infact, while I mean no offense, but this is why in the old days DY didn't actually want folks to take a lot of pics nor post them...  :-\ :-[

I do not believe C&C nor DY would want the course presented in such greenery.  And, this is too bad in that I believe you have some very interesting perspectives as far as framing the photos, and offering some nice sightlines across the terrain.  I"d encourage you to tone it down if that is the issue and repost them naturally.  I apologize in advance if I am wrong about the red-green tweaking and this is how you actually found the course. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:55:38 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »
Kyle, are you photo shopping the pics before you post them in that you are turning up the red-green filter?  Frankly, the color makes the course seem unlike I have ever seen it in my 6 visits in various seasons.  Infact, while I mean no offense, but this is why in the old days DY didn't actually want folks to take a lot of pics nor post them...  :-\ :-[

I do not believe C&C nor DY would want the course presented in such greenery.  And, this is too bad in that I believe you have some very interesting perspectives as far as framing the photos, and offering some nice sightlines across the terrain.  I"d encourage you to tone it down if that is the issue and repost them naturally.  I apologize in advance if I am wrong about the red-green tweaking and this is how you actually found the course. 

I shopped them. though not in the manner you hypothesized. The colors were very washed out because I took them in midday. Some I tweaked to make the features visible, others I touched very little.

Here's an untouched view from the 16th tee. It also ails to capture the course's true pallet.

I mean no offense to Coore or Crenshaw.

igrowgrass

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 11:15:28 PM »
In the going for the green photo?  Where did that drive end up?  Right?

Jed Peters

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 12:23:16 AM »
Kyle:

You use a PC don't you.

On a mac, these photos look funny!

Also, looks like a nice time. Lucky man, you are.

(PS: You need to have an Olympic Dog if you're trying to find the best cheeseburger)

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »

Went over the prominent greenside bunker long left. The photo wasn't taken from directly behind, which is why my clubhead's angle of approach looks like a push or hook is imminent.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 12:53:44 AM »
Kyle:

You use a PC don't you.

(PS: You need to have an Olympic Dog if you're trying to find the best cheeseburger)

I've had one. Not even a close contest. Sand Hills is far superior (no knock on Olympic's offering).

Tim Bert

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »
RJ / Kyle - I wonder if it has something to do with the camera itself if the color was tweaked through photoshop.  I noticed some similar things on the Ballyneal thread.  The color of both of these courses seems way amped, like a color TV when you push the color meter way past neutral.

I don't have a particular problem with people enjoying the different colors and different views, it just isn't to my taste.  I wouldn't have butt-in this thread at all but I read Kyle's response that he did very little tweaking that is intriguing to me because on the two photos where Kyle is teeing off, the colors of his arms, shirt, etc also seem impossibly bright.

What kind of camera is this if you don't mind sharing? 

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
In the untouched photo of 16 tee it is clear that the native grasses are as lush and green as it has been in my memory.  I reckon it is a boom for the cattlemen being able to graze less acres per pair.  More Nebraska prime steaks boys!   ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »
Kyle:

You use a PC don't you.

I've had one. Not even a close contest. Sand Hills is far superior (no knock on Olympic's offering).

Better than the Spyglass Burger at the turn at Spyglass Hill?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 09:46:33 PM »
Kyle:

You use a PC don't you.

Better than the Spyglass Burger at the turn at Spyglass Hill?

Haven't played Spyglass. Walked it during the PGA Tourney this year, but didn't try the burger.

The burger at Sand Hills renders all previous ground beef experiences painfully inadequate.

I hope everyone in the treehouse can one day sample for themselves.

I'll put it this way, Sand Hills cheesburger is a Doak 10. In and Out Cheesburger is a Doak 4.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »
RJ / Kyle - I wonder if it has something to do with the camera itself if the color was tweaked through photoshop.  I noticed some similar things on the Ballyneal thread.  The color of both of these courses seems way amped, like a color TV when you push the color meter way past neutral.

I don't have a particular problem with people enjoying the different colors and different views, it just isn't to my taste.  I wouldn't have butt-in this thread at all but I read Kyle's response that he did very little tweaking that is intriguing to me because on the two photos where Kyle is teeing off, the colors of his arms, shirt, etc also seem impossibly bright.

What kind of camera is this if you don't mind sharing? 

It's a Sony 7 megapixel. I spoke to a friend who looked at the photos I posted and recommended a few setting changes. I hope to offer a more naturally-lighted set of images in the future.

igrowgrass

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 12:16:24 AM »

Went over the prominent greenside bunker long left. The photo wasn't taken from directly behind, which is why my clubhead's angle of approach looks like a push or hook is imminent.

I know it wasn't taken from behind.  Good position on the way down.  Whats your most common miss?
Whats the carry to the bunker?

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »

I know it wasn't taken from behind.  Good position on the way down.  Whats your most common miss?
Whats the carry to the bunker?

I fought a mean hook in March and April, but I've been driving it very well since June. I'm not crazy about my tucked right elbow and a few other pieces look askew. I'm keeping my day job... ;)

The bunker carry is around 270 yards. The wind was helping, it was hot.  I probably carried it around 285. Nuked it. Fortunately, I didn't play with GCAers or I would have drop kicked it 220 yards into the gunch.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back