News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

Wicked Pony ???
« on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
Has anyone seen or played Wicked Pony yet?

I looked and found some details that said 9 holes we're scheduled to open in July, but have not heard or seen any details.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Garland Bayley

Re: Wicked Pony ???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »
I google it every once in a while and you apparently know more than me.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Dugger

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »
Not a lot of talk coming out of Bend, OR lately.

Developers are dying from curious circumstances and it goes unreported......
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:52:23 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
Most of nine holes are grassed and being maintained, but I don't think they will be "opened" anytime soon even if they are playable.  The rest of the project is suffering from funding issues and we don't know when these will be resolved.

John Foley

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the details. I did not know that the development /  course / area was hit this hard.

Tom -

Any chance they can make a go of it it as a golf only?

Did the 9 holes come out as you hope / like?

Integrity in the moment of choice

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:42:03 PM »
I visited Wicked Pony last year when I was in Bend, and while nothing was really grassed in yet, the holes were all shaped and it looked really cool.

There are some dramatic elevation changes, both uphill and downhill.

Some of the greensites are perched high on some bluffs which afford really great views.  Since it was all dirt when I was there, it was hard to see too much of the contours, but the greens are big, and with some of the big slopes on the site of the course, I wouldn't be surprised if the greens were reminiscent of that.  Now that I think about it, the one hole I did see some green contours, the first hole where grassing began (I think the 8th, a par-5), had some really cool contours.  I'm sure the rest of the greens will be just as good.

The fairways are wide, bold, and have some really cool movement.

There should be some spectacular holes on the back nine.  I won't ruin the surprise for anybody.

Cheers,
Jordan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back