News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Joe Bausch

Re: name the architect
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »
I believe the architect's first name is Tom.

Joe,

Do I get a prize?   Especially considering I have never been there??   8)

Actually, it was pretty easy.

There are less than a handful of architects who would dare create (actually, NOT create) THIS look.

I can think of two.

Are you sure you want to say that Mike?  The 7th at QC reminds me of the 12th of Fazio's Pine Hill (which I don't I have a pic of).
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Joe,

Nahhh....ya think??    :-\

How long exactly have you been driving the past few days??   ;) ;D

Joe Bausch

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »
Joe,

Nahhh....ya think??    :-\

How long exactly have you been driving the past few days??   ;) ;D

Yeah, I do think they are similar.  Both require a precise tee shot to allow a view of the green through a narrow passageway.

But if I'm wrong, it wasn't due to the mileage I put in over the last week.... but maybe it was b/c I met JakaB in person.   ;)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »
Joe,

I recall the hole at Pine Hill you're referring to, and think we may just be talking about different things.   For instace, although the holes may be similar in concept, strategy, and perhaps even shot values (I couldn't say not having played the latter), I'm really concerning myself with any of those things.

My point was really just about the features (or lack thereof) around the green complex, it's vague "definition", and it's very low-profile presentation.   

If you go to the Pine Hill website I think you'll agree that the 12th greensite really doesn't share anything much but the green tucked into a wooded cove.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
Joe - great thread... 

Joe Bausch

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 01:38:30 PM »
Joe,

If you go to the Pine Hill website I think you'll agree that the 12th greensite really doesn't share anything much but the green tucked into a wooded cove.

Agreed.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
Joe,

Agreed.

Joe,

Phew!   

For a moment there I thought JakaB had put you into a Hoosier-MindMeld and you had come back a wacky but inspired-by-genius contrarian!  ;)   ;D

I was half expecting you to suggest that we get together to play next week at Rees's course in Chester County (fka Tattersall).  ;D

Still, such an intense personal experience as being in the presence of JK has had to leave some type of permanent mark.   Just be aware that I'm going to be very wary of your behavior in coming weeks.

Please say "Cobb's Creek rules" or something to reassure those of us who love you?    :-\ ;)

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
Mike,
Have no fear.  Joe came out of his JakaB meeting fit as a fiddle. 

But he DID have this strange thing about looking for shade trees at Pete Dye GC on Thursday :)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 07:50:05 AM »
Mike,
Have no fear.  Joe came out of his JakaB meeting fit as a fiddle. 

But he DID have this strange thing about looking for shade trees at Pete Dye GC on Thursday :)

Joe/Dan,

On Patrick's new thread, he asks whether folks can visually pick out cues to various architects.

I'd answer yes, no question, although TD is one of the most difficult and least repetitive.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 08:01:26 AM »
While this was a fun exercise to put everyone in their place a little bit, I think more people might have been able to identify my work if they'd been on the ground and seen the greens in 3-D, instead of just looking at these pictures.

Still, any good architect is going to have a few courses which are outliers.  Everybody who thinks I'm a minimalist has trouble reconciling The Rawls Course; and courses like Beechtree and The Legends (and for that matter Stonewall and Cape Kidnappers) don't really fit the stereotype of my style very well.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 09:09:52 AM »
While this was a fun exercise to put everyone in their place a little bit, I think more people might have been able to identify my work if they'd been on the ground and seen the greens in 3-D, instead of just looking at these pictures.

Still, any good architect is going to have a few courses which are outliers.  Everybody who thinks I'm a minimalist has trouble reconciling The Rawls Course; and courses like Beechtree and The Legends (and for that matter Stonewall and Cape Kidnappers) don't really fit the stereotype of my style very well.

Tom, there was no intention on my part with starting this thread 'to put everyone in their place a little bit'.  And in a reply post above, I did suggest that perhaps the pics might not be capable of revealing the designer, which your comment suggests is the case here.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back