News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

New Golf Courses and the Economy.
« on: August 05, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
Whats the feeling about New golf courses? Are the phones ringing? Is the Economic downturn affecting the thoughts of golf course developers? Everybody I talk to say ...."we are just waiting and seeing whats gonna happen"
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Greg Chambers

Re: New Golf Courses and the Economy.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »
I just got off the phone with a construction superintendent friend of mine, and he says there's nothing going on here in the states.  Mexico is good right now, so is Asia.  I'm personally involved in a project that is on hold, indefinately.  Developers are saying "well if this happens and that happens then in three months this might happen, or maybe three months after that..."
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

John Moore II

Re: New Golf Courses and the Economy.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
I would think that for now people are just finishing what is in the works and then not planning to start anything in the very near future. Unless we are talking about a group of the ultra-rish getting togther on their own and building a personal golf course, but there is really no cycle in things like that.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back