News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cabell Ackerly

Annapolis Area Golf
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »
Any opinions on Queenstown Harbor and South River outside Annapolis?

Jeff Taylor

Re: Annapolis Area Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
Queenstown River Course is the best of the lot. Just a little further down the road is Hunters Oak. It is an Ian Scott Taylor design and attempts to be a links course. Some interesting holes and it is never crowded (private but they let you play). You must use the yardage book if you want to survive.

david h. carroll

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
Uplands in Denton is quite good

BVince

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »
If you can play it, I really enjoyed the Naval Academy Golf Course.  It is a Flynn design that is fairly creative.
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »
Over the years South River has continued to improve. Queenstown River is far superior to the Lakes but still one of the most over rated and over priced courses in MD. They have seen rounds drop significantly during the past few years. Their mandatory caddie program was a big hit last year....not!

It seems that since the elder Lex Birney has turned over the courses to his son the courses have gone downhill.

They are now attempting to take South River private. However I understand they are accepting daily fee play until they have recruited a sufficient number of members.

Lake Presidential GC, a new course in the are has been receiving great reviews and may be worth a look.

rjsimper

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »
Queenstown Harbor isn't half bad...is the River the one that the 2nd hole is along the marshland/wetlands? 

I played it in driving rain, played just the front nine and bagged it, got a rain check and came back a month later and played the whole 18 - I recalled it being better on the rainy play.  Worth playing if you're in the area, which it sounds like you are....probably not worth going too far out of your way for it. 

The other course at QH was definitely inferior but not awful....just a kid sister.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back