News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

tlavin

Who Wins and What Do They Shoot?
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Tiger, shooting 72

Rocco shoots 76

Tom Huckaby

Re: Who Wins and What Do They Shoot?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »
Tiger 71
Rocco 73

rjsimper

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
Rarely do I pull for anyone but Tiger - I would have been happy with either winner yesterday but still root for history to prevail after an epic battle.  That said, I can't see Rocco holding it together today after he himself admitted he left it all on the course yesterday

Woods 72
Mediate 75

Though I hope it's closer.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »
Rocco three putts 18 to win by one.  74 to 75.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »
What would be wrong with changing the format to match play when there's a two person playoff?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
What would be wrong with changing the format to match play when there's a two person playoff?

To me it would be weird to settle a stroke play tournament with match play - different rules, different game.

TH

tlavin

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
Rocco three putts 18 to win by one.  74 to 75.

Who am I to argue with the Great Oz?  You got everything else right this week.  What numbers do you like for the Mega Millions Lottery on Tuesday night?

Matt Varney

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »
Tiger 69
Rocco 74

Close battle right to the end

John_Conley

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »
I would love to see Mediate shoot the first 62 in a Major to win by 10, but that's not happening.

Mediate clings to an exciting 73 and Woods is mostly unimpressive as his ailing knee prevents his B or C game from showing up en route to a D-game 74.

Peter Wagner

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
Tiger - 69
Rocco - 73

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:51:47 AM by Peter Wagner »

Phil McDade

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
Tiger -- 74

Rocco -- 76

Jason Mandel

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »
Rocco 72
Woods 73

Call it a hunch...
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 11:18:14 AM »
Jason, you beat me to it.

Rocco 71 with par at last, Woods 72 when Tiger finally needs eagle to tie on 18 tee- goes for it- gets on and close with 2nd shot, and misses that   clutch 12 footer to tie and send it to double OT, he makes birdie to loose.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 11:30:51 AM »
Rocco 71
Tiger 73.

Rocco's up one going into 18 and Woods has to go for it in two on a now VERY sore-bum knee and puts it in the water as he almost falls over. Chips to 15 feet from the drop area but lips out on the putt, ends up with Bogey. Rocco plays it in 3-shots and makes par for the biggest upset in sports in the last 10 years. He goes down as the only guy to ever beat Tiger after he was leading in a major and it was only as a result of the knee. Rocco's win defines his career and Tiger's loss is forever an asterisk.

Also if Rocco wins this thing does it effect the Ryder Cup team at all? Could he make a case for an alternate spot? Azinger and him are good friends and Zinger just joined Rocco's club in Naples.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Jason Connor

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
As much as I want to see Rocco win:

Woods 74
Mediate 79

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Tom Birkert

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
Rocco 71
Tiger 73.

Also if Rocco wins this thing does it effect the Ryder Cup team at all? Could he make a case for an alternate spot? Azinger and him are good friends and Zinger just joined Rocco's club in Naples.

I believe Azinger has been quoted as saying that any American who wins a Major will be in his team, even if it requires a Captain's pick. Also, should Mediate win he'll vault to 6th in the current standings, one place ahead of a certain American player who decided against playing this week...

I think Rocco might struggle today, I think Tiger goes for 72, Rocco 75.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
The winner will wear a red shirt and black pants.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »
tiger 73

rjsimper

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »
The winner will wear a red shirt and black pants.

Anyone that wants a bet on this - I'll take Kavanaugh's side and bet you any amount of money that he's right.  I'll even give you odds...

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
Hillary, Big Brown, ...... Things do happen in threes.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »
Yes John I love it! Time for just ONE more upset!

I haven't rooted against Tiger ever in my life. It's kind of weird.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Mike Golden

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 12:07:39 PM »
I personally think the scores will be lower than most of you expect because of one major factor-the greens will be pure.  Anyone who has played on poa greens late in the day knows how they get bumpy, particularly with 70 competitors grinding out there.  Today, no one else is playing, the greens will most likely be rolled in the morning, and the two of them will be making putts.  Look at the scores yesterday morning, there were some low numbers out there.  There won't be any pressure on Tiger and Rocco didn't look yesterday like anything could ever bother him.

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Rock 72
Woods 77

Mike Hendren

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 12:29:19 PM »
Rocco and Karma  72
Tiger  74
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Phil McDade

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 12:30:24 PM »
I personally think the scores will be lower than most of you expect because of one major factor-the greens will be pure.  Anyone who has played on poa greens late in the day knows how they get bumpy, particularly with 70 competitors grinding out there.  Today, no one else is playing, the greens will most likely be rolled in the morning, and the two of them will be making putts.  Look at the scores yesterday morning, there were some low numbers out there.  There won't be any pressure on Tiger and Rocco didn't look yesterday like anything could ever bother him.

In the last seven US Open playoffs played, including 15 players (from Medinah '75 to date), one player has broken par -- Zoeller in '84 with a 67.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back