News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Lifetime Course List
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »
JV:

I did the same thing once just using NCGA and SCGA databases of courses... and well... yeah I too can remember if I played them.  I could also do a pretty good approximation for the rest of the world...

But an apporximation it would be, and so thus to me in the end not worth the effort.  Man combing those first two databases took a few hours, which is a few more than I wanted to devote to the exercise!

TH

Andrew Summerell

Re: Lifetime Course List
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »

But an apporximation it would be, and so thus to me in the end not worth the effort.  Man combing those first two databases took a few hours, which is a few more than I wanted to devote to the exercise!

I too, didn’t catalogue the courses I had played until I had been playing about 20 years, but I could still remember every course since my first. I can even remember some of the holes on some of the worst courses.

I did my first list as a challenge from a friend only a few years back & there were a couple of very nice bottles of red wine put up for the wager. I also use to collect cards from every course I played when I was young, so that helped as well.

I stopped collecting cards in my early twenties, because I thought my collection of a few hundred was pretty good, until I saw a guy who had a collection of 5000.

So, surely you could remember if you tried. It’s just a matter of wanting it enough, giving 110% & taking it one game at a time.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back