News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Trump On The Stand
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »
The lead story in today's Press & Journal reports on the Trumpster's testimony regarding his golf course/housing development project in Aberdeen. He was in rare form! ;)

www.pressandjournal.co.uk

Mark Pearce

Re: Trump On The Stand
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:41:38 AM »
I'll be driving past the Menie Estate on Friday.  Do you know if the land in question is publically accesible?  If it is I may stop off for a look at what all the fuss is about.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
And apparently had the nerve to say he had not bothered reading of the expert testimony from the enviromentalists...arrogance personified.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:41 PM »

Tom Birkert

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »
Saw some of this on the news yesterday - the dunes look absolutely incredible, would make a fabulous setting for a golf course, but only if the right architect was selected.

I don't know enough about the case to comment on the particulars of this SSI situation, however I do know it has been used in the past to block things for reasons any sane person would consider ridiculous.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
I read a fairly recent and extensive article about this project in Vanity Fair. I'm no businessman, but if I were I wouldn't want to do business with him. I certainly wouldn't want to spend top dollar to buy a vacation home that's enveloped by fog 80% of the time.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Brian Phillips

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
I'll be driving past the Menie Estate on Friday.  Do you know if the land in question is publically accesible?  If it is I may stop off for a look at what all the fuss is about.
Mark,

You cannot be stopped anywhere in Scotland...
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want to spend top dollar to buy a vacation home that's enveloped by fog 80% of the time.

::)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back