News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re: Revisionism
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »
"I don't believe I have ever repeated this outrageous story.  TEPaul is quite thrilled to repeat it often, though.   The disturbing thing to me is that it rings true, whether it is or not.   That must be why TEPaul thinks it is so worth repeating."

David Moriarty:

Let it be known to you and to all on here you are never going to get anything from us or from Merion G.C. or MCC. The reason for this is your on-going adverserial attitude and NOTHING MORE. We will make that kind of material available to anyone who shows an interest in it and in reasonably analysing it. I say this because noone else has ever exhibited the attitude you have toward us, toward the architectural history of a club and its attributed architect, not even close, except perhaps Tom MacWood. 

Once permisson is granted we'd be glad to make this kind of material available privately to anyone if it never gets on some public Internet entity and is just reposited in the club (which does provide access to their archives). 

But we'll never do that for you. You apparently have no consideration for any of us here and this will be the result of it. You've made your own F..ing bed this way and now you can just sleep in it forever! Any more of your pathetic caterwalling demands for material will fall on deaf ears in the future.

TEPaul

« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
 "Not only that but the USGA is relying on you to put together a meaningful archive?  Yikes."

David Moriarty:

That kind of thing and that kind of remark on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com simply astounds me. Is there no limit to which you will stoop in your attempt to be destructive of the things we care about and do? We have spent so many years with so many others in that and you treat us and it this way? For this I hope you will become a total pariah to all who have to do with golf architectural history.

Bradley Anderson

« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
Bradley Anderson,

I hope you didn't buy the book because of me.  I wasn't challenging you to buy it, but merely asked whether you had read any of the books before ridiculing them.  I have not read any of the anti-Stratford works.  I was given one of the books and plan to read it at some point, but honestly it is not really my interest. 

I'll stay away from the one you are reading as it doesn't sound all that good.

DavidM,

You don't get off that easy. You have questioned the historical accuracy of the gospels, and I have led you to an author (R.C.Sproul) who is most adept at addressing your hit and run remarks. Now do the manly thing and read it. I'm slogging through my assingment because you challenged me to do so. Now you are honor bound to do the same. Except you will be reading real scholarsim while I'm stuck here reading twaddle.

DMoriarty

« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2008, 11:11:26 PM »
Bradley Anderson,

I hope you didn't buy the book because of me.  I wasn't challenging you to buy it, but merely asked whether you had read any of the books before ridiculing them.  I have not read any of the anti-Stratford works.  I was given one of the books and plan to read it at some point, but honestly it is not really my interest. 

I'll stay away from the one you are reading as it doesn't sound all that good.

DavidM,

You don't get off that easy. You have questioned the historical accuracy of the gospels, and I have led you to an author (R.C.Sproul) who is most adept at addressing your hit and run remarks. Now do the manly thing and read it. I'm slogging through my assingment because you challenged me to do so. Now you are honor bound to do the same. Except you will be reading real scholarsim while I'm stuck here reading twaddle.

Bradley,  I am not sure exactly why you are reading the book you are reading.  I really do not think I challenged you to read it.  I've never read it, and don't care to.  I'd have recommended a different one if you'd asked but frankly I have not even read the one I would have recommended.  If I were you, I'd stop reading.

As for me reading R.C. Sproul, I am sure you mean well, but really it is not my cup of tea.  So thanks, but no thanks. 
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back